Ch 5: Just Before

Ch 5: Just Before

A Chapter by Liz-z

Jamie

Even though he left me hanging yesterday, I was hoping for today to go well. I kept his flowers in my room while smiling. They looked even more beautiful on my night stand with a little sun hitting its petals.  "Can I come in?" Somebody knocked. It was mom, she was back.
"I didn't hear you come in yesterday," I said walking over to her, her eyes where drooping down, and barley open.
"I just came home, dear," and she sounded tired.
"You sound exhausted," I repeated out loud.
"Just a bit."
"Then go sleep," I told her. "It's alright with me."
"At ten in the morning," Why not?  
"It's okay mom, really. I honestly have plans later on today," I told her with some regret. I mean I haven’t seen her in a while… but with my mother I could tell her almost anything, even though it was easy to get away with anything anyways.
"Oh," she yawed and pushed back her light brown hair. It used to be darker like mine, but she dyed it light ash brown because it made her look younger, so she says. 
"I-I could stay, if you want..." I told her trying to hide my disappointment. Honestly I liked when she wasn’t around, it made me feel free, not that I didn’t like her company.  
"No that's alright sweetie," she said interrupting my thoughts, "I have to be at the airport in five and a half hours anyways."
"Well, you need some sleep." I told her still watch her slouch back try to stand up straight, "Get some sleep and in the mean while I'll cook lunch for you, when you wake up, we could just hang. I'll drive you to the airport myself.” I encouraged.
She smiled and brushed my check with her thumb, "How did I end up with a perfect daughter?" she asked before leaving to her room to get some sleep.

Aaron

Mom and Dad were already away for the weekend and I convinced Damian to spend the night over at Will's house. Of course he went, Will's two 'hot' step sisters, Erica and Jonnie, where there for the weekend, plus any video game you could think of.

The night was going to happen right; I wasn't going to screw it up again, I refuse to do so.


Jamie

I decided there were plenty of leftovers from yesterday night, so I picked up my assignments and began working on them in the wooden kitchen table. Mom slept for three and a half hours, which was good because she looked better. She was able to stand up straight and her eyes were not dropping as much, "Oh, god," she said rubbing her eyes. "I'm sorry." she apologized, but I was used to it, I've been used to it for a while.
It wasn't always like this though. Before she became a journalist she'd be here all the time.  And as for my father, he was away on business trips a lot.  "Dad called, while you were sleeping." I told her looking up.
"I'll call him later," she said getting some water while I got up to get plates for the both of us. She sat down on the kitchen table and steered the hot plate of food. "So how's school?"
"Fine," I said twisting the noodle on my fork. The basic questions where always short answered.
"So you guys still together huh?" She asked while I looked confused. "I saw the roses on the nightstand, they're beautiful." She said talking her first bite realizing it was hotter than she thought. She quickly picked up the glass of water and gulped while I laughed softly.
"Yeah, we are." I softly blushed. "Yesterday made it a year," I smiled.
"That long already?" She smiled, "Time passes so fast. Remember when you guys use to play at James Park by the lake and hanging from the trees? I remember it as if it were yesterday." I remised, I hated climbing on those trees, afraid of somebody falling... Obviously she doesn’t remember, so I kept quite. "And the necklace was a gift too?"
"Yes," I sighed happily holding it with my thumb and index finger, "beautiful isn't it?" I watched her nodded her head. I stood up to show her the engraved A&J and the photo of us, Mom herself took, in front of the lake during a sunset. 
"That boy has nice taste." She said closing the locket and going over the A&J. There was a pause before she spoke again. "You guys being safe?" She said not taking her eyes of the locket.
"Mom!" I exclaimed.
"There's nothing to be embarrassed sweetie," She said smiling and softly laughing at me.
"Well actually, we haven't really-"
"Oh, I see," she dropped the locket letting it hit my skin. I back walked to my seat and ate slowly.
From there on it was a bit awkward.

 

Aaron

I got a text from Jamie a little after four saying, "Missing u right now. :( Just dropped Mom off airport, can't wait to c u!" One thing Jamie and I had in common was the fact that both of us were love starved.
My parents are both doctors, in the same field, so they're out a lot. On top of that, I live in the shadows of my twin brother, Damian. He was the athletic one; I was the ignored artsy one. He was the ladies man, I was the nerd. He was a jock, and I had my few good friends. I came second, and always will, except when it comes to Jamie, she takes me first. Jamie made me her know artist, her incredibly smart guy, and her important one.
When we were little I remember her coming to me when she felt alone. Damian, of course, would try to get her attention, but never could. She'd stay to hang around for a while, to talk, to just get things off her mind. It made me feel good; I came before him, because of her.

Jamie

Once I got home I was relieved to be alone again. The walls to the dining room's blue color was fading to white, the wooden stair case was small, the living room was opposite of capacious, but at least I had a decent kitchen. 
I checked my messages, receiving 2 new texts and 1 missed call.
The first text was from Aaron, and the second was Sara saying "b***h, pick up your phone! What happened?" I rolled my eyes and decided to call her back
"OKAY why the hell did it take this long to respond to my missed call and text?" she asked slightly laughing.
"Mom came home this morning."
"OMG, did she like catch you in bed with Aaron?" She joked.
"No, we didn't do it, now stop," I said laughing along. I walked up to my room while she rant on talking about her and Ryan really hitting it off.
"I got to go," I said about half an hour into the conversation, "Have to get ready for date,"
"Aw, have fun! You better not miss tomorrow's hang out!"
"Wouldn't even think about it."
"Okay, bye girl y."
"Bye Sara."

 



© 2010 Liz-z


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow if chapter six was not published yet I would have been so absorbed in it! Really great! I like how you have added little hints about there life thru out the story!
I also like how when you switch perspectives you label it, Ive seen this done once before in unwind (i really like the book) But they use a whole chapter for each person, dunno if you want to do it but it would give you more room to each person.
But its going really well! You change perspective very smoothly its like watching a movie but can hear the peoples thoughts! Cant wait for 6!!
(ps:Do you think you could review some of my stuff? it would be great to hear improvements i could make!)
like i said cant wait for more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

U need to check ur spelings in your chaoters. U missed out a letter in some parts. remise-reminisced.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow if chapter six was not published yet I would have been so absorbed in it! Really great! I like how you have added little hints about there life thru out the story!
I also like how when you switch perspectives you label it, Ive seen this done once before in unwind (i really like the book) But they use a whole chapter for each person, dunno if you want to do it but it would give you more room to each person.
But its going really well! You change perspective very smoothly its like watching a movie but can hear the peoples thoughts! Cant wait for 6!!
(ps:Do you think you could review some of my stuff? it would be great to hear improvements i could make!)
like i said cant wait for more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was cute! Nice write...Liz-z tehee!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 29, 2010


Author

Liz-z
Liz-z

About
I love to write, even though I could use some more practice, constructive criticism perhaps? :) I love music, the end! THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GERARD WAY 1.thou shall never let.. more..

Writing