Joy

Joy

A Chapter by ebonpinion
"

Hermione gets a nice surprise. ^_^

"

I couldn't believe my luck when I opened the letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Inside held my letter for my new assigned books but the light gleaming off my new Head Girl badge made me feel punch-drunk with giddiness. I stared at the badge for a good minute before reason found me. My legs carried me down the stairs as fast they could without tripping.

"Mom…Dad, it came. My letter came in", I yelled to my poor surprised parents.

My mom put down the plate of toast on the table and reached for the envelope and took out my book list.

"Oh Hermione, are you sure you are not taking too many classes?"

Her question stopped my gleefulness short as I ran through what classes I had this semester through my head.

"No, mom I do not think so. Besides Professor McGonagall told me it would be possible to pull off the load. Besides, it is my last year and there is still so much to learn about the magical world."

My dad walked over to my mom to check out the list for himself.

"Hmm, just make sure you don't fall behind dear. You're going to have to keep your nose to the grindstone to keep up with your duties."

Duties? "Oh, that reminds me." I held out my hand so my parents could not miss the perfect gold and scarlet badge resting majestically inside of my palm. I was very pleased when I heard my mom's squeal.

"You got it! You got the position of Head Girl. I am so proud of you."

My mom managed to get a quick hug in before my father picked me up and swung me around in his arms.

"You've been looking forward to this position since you started reading 'Hogwarts: A History'. I'm so proud of you."

I felt a little dizzy when he put me down, but luckily the chair at the breakfast table kept me from falling over.

"I am so happy. I can not wait to tell Ron and Harry", I exclaimed as I sat down to eat breakfast.

My parents sat down as well and my mom continued reading the rest of the letters from the school.

"There is a lot that you have to do as Head Girl, Hermione. This letter says that you have to head all of the meetings with the Head Boy, organize the prefects, monitor the halls at night, organize school functions and maintain an Outstanding or Exceeds Expectations in all of your classes. Dear, that is a lot of work."

"I know mom", I stated between bites of my toast and eggs, "but I can do it. I have been dreaming of this since the beginning and am so happy to have achieved it."

"This must be a big honor", my father stated.

"Yes, it is. This will also be the punch in the stomach the Slytherins need". I laughed to myself. "A muggle-born picked to represent the school".


© 2011 ebonpinion


Author's Note

ebonpinion
Chapter one of Mistaken. Hope you enjoy. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on January 16, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2011


Author

ebonpinion
ebonpinion

LA



About
Writing and music is close to my heart. I mostly write poetry but I have also been known to write short stories, plays and song lyrics. I love to listen to and play music. I play the violin. My .. more..

Writing
Fight Fight

A Poem by ebonpinion


Fear Fear

A Poem by ebonpinion