Infuriation

Infuriation

A Chapter by ebonpinion
"

Chapter 8 of my Dramione series "Mistaken". ^_^

"
I started down the steps that would lead to the dungeon hallways.

"The dungeons Granger", Malfoy asked. "That's an interesting place to start."

I shrugged.

"Not really. I find the area cold and damp and would prefer to get the worst over with."

"I wouldn't call the dungeon's the worst. I find them very comforting", Malfoy defended.

"You do not say Malfoy. I thought cold-blooded serpents preferred the warmth and light."

"Ouch. Granger, I didn't know we were to exchange insults on this patrol."

I decided to take a left down the already deserted corridor.

"Is not trading insults what we do?"

"Sure, but I was hoping for something different this time. Maybe a nice moonlight stroll hand in hand."

My feet stopped on their own accord.

"Please tell me you are kidding Malfoy."

Malfoy's face twisted a bit in annoyance.

"Of course I'm kidding Granger. Why would I be romantically involved with a mud-blood?"

The two words echoed in my ears as I quickly turned around and made my way back up towards the Great Hall.

"What is it Granger", Malfoy directed towards my retreating back. "I thought we were trading insults?"

I continued up another staircase that led to the next level of corridors.

"Malfoy, I may have insulted you but I did not call you something to make you feel inferior."

"Seriously, it's just a word. You do not have to take it so seriously."

I stood at the top of the steps and looked down on Malfoy's face. Infuriation flamed inside of me when I realized that he was being sincere.

"I have to take that word seriously Malfoy. You of all people should know that", I spat back.

"What do you mean by that?"

"The term 'mud-blood' was coined by people who felt that my kind, muggle-borns, were inferior to them. Many of those people decided to make it their mission to wipe my kind out of existence or make them subjected to them. Right now there are people who call themselves Death-Eaters who are torturing and killing innocent people just because they believe their blood is different. That term 'mud-blood' is an immense insult and you expect me to take it lightly? Malfoy you will be lucky to still be able to speak or breathe if you call me that ever again!"

I could feel the heat emanating from my body as it shook as a whole with anger.

"So you still fancy me a Death-Eater", Malfoy asked calmly.

I clenched my teeth.

"When you use a term like that I have no other choice."

Malfoy stared blankly at me for a few seconds before continuing up the stairs.

"Where are you going?"

"In case you've forgotten Granger, we have patrol to finish."

I was shocked on how easily Malfoy could brush off our conversation but I wanted to end the patrol quickly. I followed him silently throughout the castle before we retired to our portrait hole.

"Well, it seems that our Head's have returned to their rightful common area", announced Alexander, the griffin.

Panacea, the snake observed us.

"Well, do not the two of you radiate the pure joyfulness of youth", she sarcastically stated.

"Alliance", Malfoy abruptly stated to the two creatures.

"Well, are you not a rude one", Panacea stated before allowing us in.

I quickly made my way into my bedroom and made sure to lock my door. I was sure that Malfoy would not dare enter my room but it was one way to barricade myself from the outside world. My claw-foot tub beckoned to me and promised to ease the knots that had developed in my back and neck. As I rested my back against the tub the warmth of the steam started to melt away the mounting tension that I could not seem to avoid this year.

After my bath I slipped into my robe, changed into my calm sky-blue pajamas and drifted off to sleep knowing that tomorrow had to be much better.

I was wrong.

Tuesday morning I actually woke up on time, got dressed without feeling rushed and was even fortunate enough not to run into Malfoy in the common area again. As I walked out of the portrait hole I was stopped by a voice.

"Good morning, young Gryffindor."

"Why are you talking to her? She's the other ungrateful brat."

I turned around to find Alexander and Panacea eying me.

"Well, good morning to the two of you also."

"Oh, she speaks", Panacea said in mocked surprise.

"I am sorry about yesterday", I announced. "I was in a foul mood and should have said something nice last night."

The snake raised her head.

"You do not have to waste your forced niceties on us."

"Calm down Panacea. She is trying to apologize."

I smiled and nodded my head in agreement.

"Well, I guess I will accept it this once."

I thanked them both for accepting my apology and made haste to breakfast.

"HERMIONE", I heard someone yell from the staircase near the Great Hall entrance.

I only had to time to turn around and catch a glimpse of a red streak before I was knocked unceremoniously to the ground.

"Ginny, please do get off of me this instant", I tried to yell through tangles of red.

"Oh, I'm sorry Hermione."

Ginny finally released the pressure from my chest. Ron and Harry were nice enough to help me to my feet.

"I'm just so happy to see you."

"Why", I asked puzzled.

"Ron was so worried about you last night and it got me to worrying also."

"How did he find out about last night?"

"Ginny and Harry kept taking turns getting beaten at wizard's chest on purpose", Ron announced. "When they kept wanting to play after the fifth repeated lost I figured they were trying to distract me from something."

"Well, after he figured something was up he kept asking us questions and I figured I'd tell him to shut him up."

"But", Harry looked at Ginny pointedly, "that did not work and we had to restrain him by magically binding him to a chair."

Ron began to rub his neck.

"They kept me there all night and wouldn't release me 'til this morning."

"Well, it served you right Ron", Ginny stated while wagging a finger at him. "You tried to hex me."

"You bit me."

"Then next time stay still when I tell you to."

I looked to Harry to find him shrugging and shaking his head. Knowing Ron and Ginny I knew the bickering would continue for a while so I grabbed Harry's arm and lead him to the Gryffindor table. I had already filled my plate when Ron and Ginny decided to grace us with their presence again.

"So, how did the patrol go last night", Ginny asked.

"We walked around the school and made sure the corridors were clear", I answered.

"Nothing happened?"

"We threw a few insults here and there and then the rest of the night past quietly."

"He insulted you", Harry asked.

"Yeah, but I put him in his place."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing too important I guess. The usual I would say."

"Do you want us to beat him up for you", asked Ron with a grin.

"No, Ron. I told you I already took care of it. What is it with you anyways?"

"What do you mean, 'Mione?"

"You have been so jumpy lately. I cannot believe I am actually saying this, but I do hope that Quidditch season starts soon. You will be able to channel your energies and maybe we can get back to some normalcy."

"Normalcy", Harry repeated. "When did we ever have normalcy?"


© 2011 ebonpinion


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

ebonpinion
ebonpinion

LA



About
Writing and music is close to my heart. I mostly write poetry but I have also been known to write short stories, plays and song lyrics. I love to listen to and play music. I play the violin. My .. more..

Writing
Fight Fight

A Poem by ebonpinion


Fear Fear

A Poem by ebonpinion