Life after Death

Life after Death

A Chapter by Eddie Davis
"

Alis, Aeric and Abigae arrive in Flux.

"

59.

        Life After Death

 

“Where are we?”   Alis asked her husband as she glanced around in surprise at their new location.    Beside her, Abigae stared in wonder at the huge plaza where they sat by a beautiful fountain.

“You’re in Flux.”  Answered a voice familiar to them and they turned to see Queen Eioldth who was dressed in clothing that seemed very unusual to them and was walking toward them.

“We’re dead.”   Aeric said rather sadly, shaking his head.

“I’m afraid so.”   Eioldth replied, and she embraced the three of them for a moment.

“Poisoned, I’d guess.”   Alis said to the former Queen.

“It was the same poison with which they attempted to kill me.”   Eioldth responded with a nod, “I’m so sorry that it took all of you.   But don’t despair, your forces took the day and your son was the hero.”

“Poor Aaron.”  Alis began to cry, thinking of the pain her son must be feeling.

Eioldth hugged the Half-Elf lady, “He’s strong, Alis, don’t worry, he’ll be alright.   He knows where you all are.”

“So this is Flux?”   Abigae asked, having heard of the place her whole life, but never having visited it.

“It’s the ‘new’ Flux, actually.”  Eioldth explained the changes to them briefly.   As she was finishing, Sophia and Khord strolled up to them.

“Sorry we’re late - I had a doctor’s appointment.”   Sophia replied, patting her huge belly, “With the changes in gestation times, my doctor wanted to see how that would effect the babies’ growth.   There is no change, they’re big and healthy - and I’ve got three years more to waddle around with them.”

It was Sophia’s turn to explain the changes that Yesh had made among Elves.

“Wow, that will be a big surprise.”   Aeric said as she finished, wondering how the news would be accepted by the Faesidhe Elves who had prized the Great Tree.

“Yes, there are big changes coming.”   Sophia remarked as she lit a Dart’loxinchu cigarette, much to Eioldth’s displeasure.   The pregnant Drow lady ignored her frowns and sucked in the smoke deeply, “These are all that remain of the tree.”

“Unfortunately.”   Eioldth mumbled, but everyone heard it.   Sophia ignored her and purposely took a slow drag on her cigarette in defiance.

“We’ll have to set the three of you up with somewhere to live and then find employment for you.   With Flux now part of Synomenia, we have a few more opportunities available.”

“It’s an amazing place.”  Abigae commented.

“You’ll grow to like it even more.”   Sophia replied, with an exhale of smoke.

“I feel guilty, leaving Eleazar’s army behind.”  Aeric told them.

“General Luca is capable.”   Khord said, “Don’t worry; the Dwarf King is a veteran of leading armies too.”

“Yes, but to die by poison and not in battle…”

“At least you came with some family members.”

“You still died honorably, and here you will have other opportunities to do good - in slightly different ways.”

Sophia looked down at her watch, “You know, I think Deborah is going to take her jet up in about an hour to show some people the lay of the land of our new Flux; why don’t the three of you join the tour?   We’ll go with you.”  

They agreed and soon Sophia was leading them to see more of their new home.



© 2014 Eddie Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"...Queen Eioldth, dressed in clothing that seemed very unusual to them, walking toward them." It may work a little better if you change the first and second commas into "was" and "and," respectively. ?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eddie Davis

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Elina, that does sound better.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
1 Review
Added on November 10, 2014
Last Updated on November 10, 2014
Tags: Marksylvania, Aurei of Westmark, Synomenia, Bugbears, Drow, Fantasy, Paladins, Good versus Evil, Adventure

A Sovereign Hope --Marksylvania Book 3


Author

Eddie Davis
Eddie Davis

Springfield, MO



About
I'm a fantasy and science-fiction writer that enjoys sharing my tales with everyone. Three trilogies are offered here, all taking place in the same fantasy world of Synomenia. Other books and stor.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Eddie Davis


Two Two

A Chapter by Eddie Davis