The Man in Black

The Man in Black

A Story by eccath
"

Just a piece I wrote for the contest I entered!

"
I was walking along a cold, winding road, the moon was high and full and I stared up at it, my eyes turning dry as the cold wind whipped by. I looked down at my hands which were suddenly turning blue and icy with every step I took. My red-blonde hair which I was (and still am) very fond of was whipping over my face and growing longer and white while I fingered it with my frozen hands. 
A man in a dark cloak wrapped around him appeared out of no where, as if he just simply dropped from space. I stared in fright and amazment as he lifted his hand in a greeting. "Come with me." He hissed. "Come with me to a place where no one will ever again envy your beauty and desire for leadership. Come!" He grabbed my wrist, which was colder then Antartica it's self. The man leapt into the night and suddenly we landed on my roof. He whispered in that awful raspy smoker's voice of his "Jump. You are invincible in a way in which you will never die!" He pushed me, and I felt my self falling and falling. 
Suddenly, I was inside a volcano with one of my best friends. A back-pack strapped to my shoulders, and a bright red visor pulling my red hair back. We were endlessly falling and falling into the volcano which was filled with red hot lava. And yet we were going untouched. Then the man in black appeared, making the volcano explode, red blood like ash flying every where around me. Dead bodies were flying from the volcano, landing around me. I screamed in terror as my own best friend flew from the volcano, landing infront of my feet. Dead. The man in black smiled a terrible, evil yellow toothed smile. 

*When I woke up, I was sweating terribly and I was all the way at the bottom of my bed, upside down* 

© 2010 eccath


Author's Note

eccath
This freaked me out so badly! I wrote it down, so that's how I remembered this much of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Vague and creepy. the unexplained is always the most frightening. I like your overall writing style and descriptive word choice. This was from a dream i can assume? I wouldn't mind reading some more about this if you were to write more, or course. overall a nice short and to the point read. nice work.
And good job with that contest!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I won second place in a contest with this piece! I was so happy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some dreams are indeed too real and writing them down seems to be the only way to work through them. This could be a really good start to some sort of horror mystery thriller if you were to expand on it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010

Author

eccath
eccath

Cincinnati, OH



About
I more..

Writing
My Moment My Moment

A Story by eccath


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by eccath