Objectification, and are our women okay with it?

Objectification, and are our women okay with it?

A Story by eddier123
"

Just some thoughts on a topic

"
What does it mean to objectify women? Is it the voluntary ogling by the man upon a women? may a situation arise under which the leering was invited by the female, then what is the ruling under such circumstances? Is the blame on the man, who is known to be feeble in regards to his sexual urges, or is the blame on the one ogled, for it was her provocative behaviour that led to the poor man’s loss of control. For women, in this time have began to shed clothing to feel free, to feel liberated and under no oppression by the male specimen, much to the delight of the male counterpart. Once was a time, perhaps forgotten, but decency crept in the streets and shamefulness was yet a characteristic understood by most. I ask you oh lady’s, sweet beautiful, sensitive, most deceptive and misunderstood creatures, does your liberation involve being shackled to an illusory lifestyle? For is it not the media, the newspapers, the magazines, the opinionmakers, the celebrities and those unjustly idolized; the ones who form your thoughts and opinions? And it is those select few who’s opinion has seeped into the minds of the women of today. And they say [the women] they are free and liberated because they can comfortably display their own bodies to the world without remorse. But it may very well be that the root of the problem goes deeper than those who are formulating the opinions. Is it not so that perhaps they [the celebrities, etc] were too, influenced to express themselves to the point of personal exposition. And if it is then who are the ones insinuating these immoral, un-womenly ideas of what it means to be a women. It seems that the benefit derived from the decision by a women to dress- rather undress herself in public is well served to the males. Much to the enjoyment of the men, they can wander out, and be completely subjected to the beautiful sculpture that a women is. It leads me to believe that the notion of dressing less by a women was not a decision of a women, but rather the desire of how a man would like to see a women, being manifested. And so this leads to the original question of objectification, and do women feel objectified when they are really not wearing anything at all. They know, as a fact, that the attention received [by males] is directly proportional to the tightness within there clothes. They say, “we choose to wear these clothes,” so in effect they have chosen the desire to be desired. But to them, I ask why that is? If you are free and liberated, why the need to provoke unwanted attention? Ponder over this, for it may reveal to you that in fact, you are not free, that you are rather within the confines of a reprobate debaucher.

© 2013 eddier123


Author's Note

eddier123
let me know how you like the content as well as it's delivery.

comments/questions/concerns appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: women, sex, objectification, immoral, right, wrong
Previous Versions

Author

eddier123
eddier123

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada



About
-thinker -opinion formulator -writer -wanabepoet -living life like its my last day, cause it very well could be more..

Writing
first night first night

A Chapter by eddier123





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114