To the Boy Who Broke me and the Woman who Picked up the Pieces.

To the Boy Who Broke me and the Woman who Picked up the Pieces.

A Story by AmoreDistante

There is no Coward greater than a man who awakens love in a woman with no intention of loving her back. ~Bob Marley

I craved you, with every ounce of being every drop of blood i wanted to breathe you in, taste you and be every bit a part of you as you were in my every waking moment. Nothing was ever good enough without your nod of approval or sly smile of bemusement. Then you just walked away grew tired of the shiny bauble that worshiped you and like a child let me roll carelessly off the table and shatter to a million tiny pieces. I spent months in a haze wondering what i did wrong why you didn't love me anymore ( did you ever) what i could of done differently and every time i revisited that rainy day the tiny pieces cut a little deeper. I was lost to myself and the world and somehow the one i had shunned and thought i was saving from some heartache, the one i let go of to be with you is the one who came and and could still see the sparkle of my broken pieces and with care and patience, insurmountable in my eyes, she loved me.. still. Even though i had broken her not a year prior so my dark descent, with time and love she held me while i screamed awoken from hellish dreams, turned my tear stained pillow and spent night awake just to make sure i got some sleep. She endured my own self loathing and attempts at numbing the pain with a bottle as i tried in vain to forget how he had touched my life.

But now, she and I are married, now i am (almost) whole, there are still nights when a moment of mental or emotional weakness finds me, when something reminds me of him. she does not anger and she does not hate she simply waits for the tears to dry as they do much faster now. she tells me how beautiful i am how rich our lives are and how wonderful tomorrow will be and she is always there with a broom a dustpan some tape and glitter for good measure and all the love and shine i will ever need.

© 2015 AmoreDistante


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on September 27, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015
Tags: time, healing, love, patience, forgiveness, heartache, journey, lesbian, bi, true

Author

AmoreDistante
AmoreDistante

albany, OR



Writing
ABC's ABC's

A Poem by AmoreDistante


Ghost Ghost

A Poem by AmoreDistante