Reiki for Inner Peace

Reiki for Inner Peace

A Story by Eileen Dey
"

In our forever changing world full of unpredictability, one method of remaining calm stands above the rest: Reiki.

"

In our forever changing world full of unpredictability, one method of remaining calm stands above the rest:  Reiki.

It’s an easy and yet very profound technique of hands-on-healing that soothes the nervous system and brings about an inner state of peace.

Worries, concerns, and fears begin to melt away in the nurturing support of Universal Energy, which is what Reiki means.

Developed in Japan at the turn of the last century, it is an age-old practice of using the self as a channel for higher frequency vibration.

As that vibration flows, one’s mind and body return to balance. 

Reiki is similar to meditation, only the focus is not on a mantra or even the breath.  It’s about letting the ego step aside.

I’ve often said that ‘Ego’ stands for “Edging God (or whatever you consider greater than you) Out”.  When we are full of ego, there is not room for that which is greater.

When we make room for that flow, the possibilities for healing are endless.

The word ‘heal’ comes from the same Latin root “whole”.  Our healing process is a returning to becoming whole.

That which doesn’t serve you will fall away.  So anxieties and fears are often the first to ‘go’.

Reiki also works on the physical level as well, and aches and pains are often lessened.

There is literally more room in the body and mind because it is being infused with this higher vibration.  Some practitioners call it ‘light’, because after receiving a treatment, one often feels much lighter and relaxed.

Inner peace is possible.  Reiki is a way to get there.  Keep learning and practicing and work with a teacher who is available to answer your questions as you progress on the Reiki path.

Reiki is not a religion but more of a lifestyle choice.  It’s about self-impowerment and having the ability to access healing potential and relaxation wherever you go, whatever the circumstance.

The practice asks you to give yourself permission to receive.  To take time out so that you can be restored.

I've been working with Reiki for over 15 years and established the only state licensed vocational school of Reiki in WA state.  I am a licensed mental health counselor and have taken Reiki into many mainstream settings.  For more information, visit www.reikitrainingprogram.com and www.reikifellowship.com.

Article first appeared on www.technorati.com

© 2011 Eileen Dey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011

Author

Eileen Dey
Eileen Dey

Seattle, WA



About
Eileen Dey, M.A., LMHC is an international traveler, Reiki master and counselor in private practice. She moved from New Jersey to Seattle where she founded and directs the only state certified voca.. more..

Writing