Do Reiki Masters Lie?

Do Reiki Masters Lie?

A Story by Eileen Dey
"

Well, do we? Are we supposed to tell the truth always? A Reiki master isn’t a priest or a monk or some almighty guru. If they declare themselves to be that, RUN AWAY!!!

"
Well, do we?  Are we supposed to tell the truth always?  A Reiki master isn’t a priest or a monk or some almighty guru.  If they declare themselves to be that, RUN AWAY!!!

But you want the answer about lying, I know.  And the plain truth is well, yes, we do lie, we’re human, just like you.

The depth of the lie, however, is up for debate.  We’re not talking a manipulative lie in order to get someone to do something for us. We’re also not talking a lie that would cause someone harm.

The kind of lie I’m talking about is not fully disclosing information because we are exercising discernment.

Think Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars who waves his hand at the storm troopers to not give them all the information they need in order to let Luke, R2D2, and C3PO pass so  they can move ahead toward stopping the evil empire from taking over the Universe.

In fact, there is a Facebook page to support moving your hand like Obi Wan to get something, amazing…but I digress..

Obi Wan is not disclosing everything so that the good force can move ahead in the world.

As a Reiki master, who I like to think is kind of like a Jedi, there are things within the spiritual realm that well, shall we say, aren’t always open for disclosure.

For instance, if you see a black and ominous cloud full of spirits hovering over your client, I’d advise use your better judgement and well, maybe not mention it outright…but instead, try sending light first.  If the cloud persists, and you think your client is open to hearing about such things, well, do so gently.  Maybe try waving your hand first, it can’t hurt.

But basically, don’t freak them out. That is your responsibility.  Having compassion and wisdom in your dealings with clients and students.

As Reiki masters we get to see a lot of non-ordinary reality phenomena.  Describing that realm is probably where I do my most lying, or maybe a better term would be down-playing.

I mean, it freaks people out to hear there are ghosts, spirits or extraterrestrial intelligence nearby, that the animal and plant kingdom are talking to them, or that colors are flying all around their auric fields.  This information isn’t exactly for the faint of heart.  It kind of sounds a bit outlandish…in other words, out of the land of reality.

I wave my hand….this too shall pass….you don’t need this information right now.

Which, is actually kind of true.  Some people don’t need that kind of information right up front.  Is it relative?  Does it really add assistance to their circumstance?  Discernment!  Down play!

And then the calm returns.

I’ve seen the non-ordinary reality and I’m choosing not to disclose at this time.  I’m telling a lie in order to let you move forward in your process at your own pace.  Is that bad?

I’d love to hear from other Reiki masters on their thoughts..let the dialogue begin!

© 2011 Eileen Dey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on March 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2011

Author

Eileen Dey
Eileen Dey

Seattle, WA



About
Eileen Dey, M.A., LMHC is an international traveler, Reiki master and counselor in private practice. She moved from New Jersey to Seattle where she founded and directs the only state certified voca.. more..

Writing