The Boundless Horizon

The Boundless Horizon

A Poem by Eddie Phillips
"

Your future is in your hands

"
We stand before the boundless horizon but often don’t know where to go.
We stand there watching the motion of the land and revel in the to and fro.
The world is ever-changing, and sometimes we can get pulled into the tide.
We choose to fight or surrender; we decide to be spectators or guides.
Every day is our new beginning, and every night another story ends.
Our lives can make us villains or saints as we make enemies and friends.
The incalculable value of humanity lies in the endless things we can create.
Today some of us will enlighten the world, and others will make drastic mistakes.
Get up, look over the limitless horizon, and live an unbound and abundant life.
God allows us to make decisions that change our world by choosing love, joy, or strife. 
No one can make your decisions; you will choose whatever steps you take.
The choice is yours, and the results, too; I hope you go out and make your life great.


© Eddie K. Phillips

© 2023 Eddie Phillips


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great views. I love the way you framed it.


Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on November 22, 2022
Last Updated on August 1, 2023

Author

Eddie Phillips
Eddie Phillips

Denver, CO



About
Writer, Scholar, Martial Artist, Poet, etc. I write everything. Whatever is on my heart comes through my pen. I do not limit myself to only write what I think. I write what I feel. I write a lot .. more..

Writing