Planes take you Places

Planes take you Places

A Poem by Eleah Ruffin
"

I wrote this and posted it on my blog, but I decided to post it here too. I didn't think it could be considered a poem. I guess it'd be considered prose. Either way, enjoy!

"
Planes take you places.

Places you’ve never been to. Or maybe places you’ve been to over a thousand times.

Planes take you places.

You’ve got your reasons for going to those places. Something about it… it’s captivating. Alluring. You can’t get it out of your mind. No matter what you do, you think about it. The more you think about it, those thoughts can spiral into a reality.

Planes take you places.

Places harbor a multitude of experiences. Endless experiences, moments, and emotions. When you get on that plane, when you’re soaring through the air, that excitement that churns deep inside you is tangled with fear.

Fear of the unknown. Fear of what’s to come. Because all the pictures in the world can’t suffice for a real experience.

Or maybe you’ve been to those places before. A thousand times even. Each time you board that plane, you soar through the air like a dove, your stomach turns. You’re excited.

Curious.

Anxious.

When a plane takes you places, you get experiences. Countless of them. And every single moment spent in these new places account for and are the source of these thousands of unique experiences. No one experience of every moment is the same. They’re all so different.

And yet so similar. Because they are all a part of a grander symphony being conducted that we can’t see. And these thousands of experiences make up a fragment of this thing called Life.

Planes take you places.

Are you willing to go?

© 2017 Eleah Ruffin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017
Tags: Poetry, Prose, Travel, Planes

Author

Eleah Ruffin
Eleah Ruffin

About
My name's Eleah. I'm an Undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hoping to minor in Creative Writing. I have loved writing since I was in middle school. Unfortunately, as a college student I o.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Eleah Ruffin


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Eleah Ruffin