Long Time No See

Long Time No See

A Story by Eleah Ruffin
"

I'm not dead.

"
Hey everyone. I know, it's been a while. I think last time I posted anything on here was back in February maybe.

I doubt anyone will even see this, and that's fine. I never really had a lot of activity on my account beforehand so I wouldn't be surprised. I just figured I'd leave this here, in case anyone was curious as to where in the world I disappeared off to.

One word: School.

As I said, I completely neglected this account for months. College has been overwhelming and I haven't had nearly anytime outside of classes and work to try and devote to writing. Thankfully, I've been taking a creative writing class this semester which has been super helpful. So I haven't neglected writing completely, just this account.

I'm thinking I might do a purge on my account and the stories I have posted. I may or may not revive this account, I'll have to decide. I've been working on a story in my creative writing class that I was thinking about posting here once I've completed the final draft and submitted it. I may use that as a way to revive this account, or just use it as a transition. 

Looking back, I'm realizing a lot of the stuff that I wrote isn't really... me. There's only one story/novel that I've been working on in recent years that I'm somewhat happy with and want to keep workshopping. The only thing stopping me there is the dedication to finishing a novel (which is really hard). The story I've recently written for my class I'm also happy with. But some of my older stuff I've tried to work on, polish, improve... I haven't had any motivation to go back to it, mostly because I'm realizing I wasn't happy with it.

One of the "novels" I have written (which is absolutely awful now that I look back on it/re-read) is not what I want it to be at all. I was in high school when I finished it. I was immature and didn't know anything about writing. And now, it's all so uncomfortable and awkward and needs to be completely re-written. 

I don't want to abandon it completely, because it's kind of nostalgic to me. I wrote it at a time when I was really passionate about writing. It was the first story I ever committed to from beginning to end. And I don't want to completely throw it away and be done with it. But the way it is right now, it doesn't reflect who I am at this point in my life, or as the writer I am growing into. 

So, with all that said, I'm hoping from now into the future I can maybe contribute more to this account! This past semester and just year, in general, has been a lot. It's been overwhelming and full of so many challenges that I didn't think I'd overcome. But I did, I'm here now and I'm ready to start moving on and making some changes in my life. 

Have a good one!

© 2018 Eleah Ruffin


Author's Note

Eleah Ruffin
For those who actually read through this, I appreciate it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on December 4, 2018
Last Updated on December 4, 2018
Tags: Updates

Author

Eleah Ruffin
Eleah Ruffin

About
My name's Eleah. I'm an Undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hoping to minor in Creative Writing. I have loved writing since I was in middle school. Unfortunately, as a college student I o.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Eleah Ruffin


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Eleah Ruffin