Day One - It's A Bad Idea, Isn't It?

Day One - It's A Bad Idea, Isn't It?

A Chapter by Elena White
"

chapter one is.... COMING! here it goes

"

 

Katie Powell practically gawked at the people in the room. Everything was plain perfect�"it was a perfect party. Andrea, the bride, kept swinging around the room, chatting with everyone she knew and everyone she did not. Andrea was the good friend of Katie, as they were classmates back in high school. But Katie did not acknowledge of Andrea, not before Katie’s brother, Adam, started to go out with Andrea. Andrea was your typical nerd back in high school, which was definitely not the type of Katie and Adam’s friends. But, being popular they were, they were kind and friendly to everyone. Just after Adam graduated from college, he met Andrea as she worked at the same office. It did not take long time before they started to go out and they started being serious in their relationship. Adam Powell was not the type of man who held commitment inside of his heart. He kept changing girls as often as he changed his clothes and there was nothing that Katie could do to stop her brother.

But that was an old story, though. Adam and Andrea were now counting the days to the D-day, happily. And, Katie could sleep with a big smile tonight that she did not need to worry about her brother anymore.

Somebody has handed Katie a glass of wine few minutes ago, which she happily received. She only drank half of it, since she did not want to get drunk and ruin the party. Katie was not good at drinking, and she would go stupid if she drank a little too much. That is why the glass of wine, seemed like an expensive glass, was only in her hand. Katie kept glancing at the people, she was tired of the party. She practically knew everyone in the party and she had walked around the room talking and chatting to everyone, trying to keep up with them. And, now, she needed to get rid of those killing stilettos she wore. The pair of stilettos was her favorite, which she only wore occasionally in special events like this, but she was obviously tired of standing on her feet. Every seat in the room was full, and she was practically the host of the party. Well, actually, she was not. But since it was the Powell’s house where the party was conducted, then Katie felt that she was obligated to join the party and make sure that the party go well. Now, Katie sighed heavily as she turned around.

But it did not go smoothly.

Right behind her was a tall man with the familiar dark hair. The man used a white shirt and a trouser which was ruined now with Katie’s wine. Katie’s eyes popped out as she glared at the shirt. S**t! What the hell was she doing? How come she did not notice the man who stood behind her? Importantly, how come she could be so reckless! This man could be Adam’s important boss and�"

Wait, she knew that face from somewhere. The face looked definitely familiar�"that jaw, that nose, those sparkling eyes. She knew it. Hell, she even stared at that face for years and she did not get bored of it. The man, the handsome man that could keep her drooling right now. He was Elliott Cooper, the best friend of Adam and definitely the person who used to hang out in her house every single day before Adam and Eli decided to go to different campus.

She instantly stepped back as if she were a robot to stay away from Eli. Her hands gripped on the wine glass tightly, even though the glass now empty. Her brain just could not work properly, it froze and it was like she could not use her brain to act smart in front of Eli. She did want to look smart�"hell, she wanted to impress the man who she had been thinking for years and years, and to make it worse, she could not pull away the thoughts of Eli after Eli left. It was not a special relationship they both had back then, but she definitely felt something towards Eli. She did not know what it was, but she knew surely that it was not love. And, she also knew that Eli had the same feeling too for her and she was happy about it. Even though they both did not confess to each other, but she could see the gesture Eli did to her. Eli definitely treated her differently than his other girl friends, and even flings. Even though Eli did not really have serious relationships back then, and he was quite the same like Adam, but Katie knew that Eli took care and watch her like a hawk. Eli surely knew that Katie was out of his league, Adam made sure that he knew that. But that did not mean that they couldn’t build a special friendship. And they did it successfully.

Now, Eli had left scars in Katie. He knew that. He left her few years ago in the beach, as he was disappointed that Katie did not ask him to stay. And that made him realize that somehow he was very stupid back then as he asked something impossible from Katie. And he knew that Katie would never do that even though she could. As Eli stared at those mesmerizing green eyes, Eli realized how much he missed the girl. He had jumped into studying, football, girlfriends that he did not give himself time to stop. Because, when he stopped, he would think about Katie. And that was not good for his health.

“S**t.” Katie murmured slowly as her eyes ran to the ruined shirt of Eli’s. “I’m so sorry.”

Eli could not help to smile and look down at his shirt. “It makes me look hotter, though.”

“You still like to flatter yourself, Eli.” Katie rolled her eyes and she put the glass on the desk near her before she gestured to Eli. “I’ll look for Adam’s shirt for you. Come on.”

“I’m fine�"“

“I won’t let you.” She shrugged her shoulders to her as she looked back from her shoulders. “So, either you follow me or I’ll make you.”

Eli sighed as he followed Katie’s order. He took the stairs slowly, just right behind Katie.

Once they were at Adam’s room, Katie directly went through the closet and looked for a clean shirt for Eli. Katie did not know�"whether it was because they spent so many years together or they were born in the same month, Adam and Eli surprisingly had similar body size. Which, Adam was a little bigger than Eli, but it did not matter as people recognized that Adam and Eli had the same clothes size. And they usually borrowed each other’s shirts, especially when they both needed to go to a party and get laid. And, it seemed like Eli only grew a beard, which made him look slightly different, but he surely had the same clothes size with Adam. So, Katie pulled out fresh blue shirt and a pair of jeans for Eli. Once she closed the closet door, she handed the stuffs to Eli who had patiently waited for him. He had put off his shoes, she stared at him. Eli did not wait, as he put the stuffs on the bed and changed his shirt first.

Katie, as the girl she was, covered her eyes with her palms as she yelped. “God, I’m still a girl, Eli!”

Eli chuckled lightly as he unbuttoned his jeans and pulled his jeans revealing the pink boxers and quickly wore the jeans. “You’ve seen more, Katie.”

“Now, you can open those innocent eyes of yours.”

 

 

Katie frowned at him as she threw herself on the bed. “Still, I am a girl, Eli.”

“Hmm.” Eli mumbled as he lay on the bed beside Katie. “Adam never let a girl change his room, you know.”

“It’s not just another girl, Eli. He marries her.” Katie reminded him as she stared at those eyes of Eli and got hypnotized. “It’s such a surprise, huh? We all never wanted to settle down back then.”

“I found it rather funny, eh? It won’t take a long time before you and I follow the path. I mean, we grow up. We just have to, you know. With college, and now work stuff.”

Katie shrugged her shoulders as she now looked away and stared at the ceiling. “I don’t agree on that kind of thought, you know.”

Eli now faced her and encircled his arms around her to bring her closer to him. “Oh yeah? I just heard that now you’re going out with someone.”

“Which, I don’t think will go far.” Katie replied casually. “What about you? Have you found someone who could change you?”

“I don’t know what it is yet. But it surely feels nice. I mean, she’s pretty, and she’s serious about her job. And, I always think about romantic stuff when we’re together. Like, I know I wanna spend the rest of my life with her, I just don’t know how. We’re just�"Oh God, why do I tell you this, right? I sound like a stupid little boy having a very first crush on someone.” Eli chuckled lightly as he blabbered blatantly about his current girlfriend. Now, he thought about Miranda, the girl who got him falling over and over again. Not that he would mind, of course.

Katie closed her eyes for two seconds. What the hell was she doing right now? Elliott Cooper surely had a girlfriend, and now he settled in a very serious relationship. It would not be a surprise to hear that he would pop the question and marry the girl in near time. And she, she had a boyfriend! Even though she decided to take it slow, but of course, Ashton would never accept what she was doing now! She was laying on bed with Eli, the old crush of her! And, to hear Eli talking like that, she could tell that Eli really loved the girl. Eli never, ever, ever in the past, talked like that to her or to Adam. And, of course, him talking to her like that about a girl gave a pang to her chest. She could not be heartbroken, not twice and not with the same person. She definitely knew it. She was just so over this boy for such a long time.

But, the feeling. She wasn’t sure about that one. She just felt like she was on the brink of heart attack. And, she fought hard the urge to run away and burst in tears. This boy definitely was not good for her health. She knew it for such a long time, but of course, nobody could resist Eli’s charm. Not even her!

So, being Katie Powell, she did the stupid, yet the right thing for both of them. Taking a deep breath in, she promised herself to call Ashton and ask him to save her for the rest of the night. But, now, she looked at Eli’s angelic face and smiled wisely. “I think it’s better if I go downstairs. Everybody’s expecting me.”

“Bullshit.” Eli crushed his body with hers, and it felt like heaven for him. He stared at those mesmerizing blue eyes of hers and he surely felt the old feeling once again. He felt like kissing her, all the night, and she did not want to let go. He missed her, and he wanted to find out whether she missed him, too. “You’re not the bride, Katie.” He whispered slowly.

“I don’t think I wanna do this with you, Eli.” She whispered back, pulling away from the tight hug Eli gave her. Oh, she knew what Eli had on mind. She had it on her own mind, too, but she did not want to break her own heart again. She wanted to save herself, before she let herself fall. She would not, in fact, let herself fall for this boy ever again. So, she was going to use the lamest excuse that would usually work in staying from troubles.

“I have a boyfriend.”

“Oh yeah?” Eli smiled seductively as he eyed her. “I do have a girlfriend, too.”

Katie kissed his cheek and with her strength, she pulled away and she stood up from the bed. “I don’t wanna play with fire, Eli. And, I’m saving your a*s now, too.”

She checked herself on the mirror and she fixed her dress. “We can just forget about this. Believe me, you’ll thank me for this, Eli.”

With that, she stormed out of the room furiously. She was not furious that Eli, for once, tried to seduce her. Hell, she even did not believe that right now, Eli seduced her! In her own brother’s room! Eli used to seduce every girl in school, but she was an exception. She hated the fact that they both had lovers, and of course, if they both didn’t, she would let things happen and see what it would affect her.

 

 

Katie decided to go to her room to grab her cell phone. She had been so busy to help prepare the party and she thought leaving her cell phone would be the best thing to do. Now she wanted to mop around and she knew that the only person who could keep her entertained was Ashton. She crept into her dark room slowly and sighed loudly.

Finally, she could be all alone.

Katie did not even bother to turn on her lamp as she threw herself on the bed�"this time it was hers. She groaned loudly, trying to let out her frustration. She hated it with passion. She hated Eli with passion�"but no, that would be a lie. She could never ever hate that man. She loved him too much, it hurt. She hated what he did to her. And, after he made her fall again and again and again, he’d left. If he didn’t leave, he would hurt her. He would break her heart into pieces, and all she could do was putting a smile. She always pretended in front of him. She never showed him that he hurt her, and the pain slapped her like a b***h. And now, he wanted her to do the impossible things.

No, she wouldn’t let him.

She would stay the hell away from him for the rest of her life. She would never say a word, and she would never let him say a word to her. She would let the days pass by until the time said it was time for him to leave again. And, she would eat those sleeping pills again until the pain decreased.

Until she got used to the pain. Like, all the time she went through this.

She tried to take it all in. Then, she reached for her phone. She dropped it on her bed earlier, and it would be f*****g easy to find it. But it was difficult with no light, and her hands were shaking. She smiled in the dark when her hand touched her phone. She quickly grabbed it and saw the screen. Great, 17 missed calls. All from Ashton.

She quickly called him back. First ring. Second. Third.

“Katie?” Ashton mumbled slowly. “God, it took you a long time to call.”

“Hey.” She replied, did not know what to say. Actually, she did not know why she called. But, she wanted a place to run; she wanted an easy exit door. And, Ashton was her exit door. She sobbed slowly as she buried her face to the pillow.

She was surely pathetic.

“You’re okay, baby?” Ashton asked her. God, no, I’m not okay, take me away.

But, Katie would not let him know that she had been cuddled by her old crush, would she? Katie would never let Ashton know that she had been down in just five minutes just because her old crush tried to seduce her.

“Yeah. I just.... miss you, I guess.” She lied through her teeth. “Why the hell do you have to�"“

“Hang up the phone.” Someone whispered from behind. She quickly turned around and found that someone already hugged her from behind. And, the arm, God, it was very muscular. It felt very familiar, so right, like she was belong there. She sighed as she pulled away, for the second time, from Ashton. She stood up from her bed and went to the balcony.

“I’m sorry. I think it’s not the right time for me to call you.” Katie finally spoke once she got fresh air to her lungs. She chuckled lightly to Ashton. “Go get some sleep, babe. I’m gonna call you in the morning, okay?”

Ashton sighed loudly. “Why the hurry? You haven’t told me the party, Katie.”

Katie closed her eyes for few seconds before she looked up to the sky. “It is like any other party, Ashton. Listen, I need to talk to, like, a million people. I’ll really call you, okay?”

  “I miss you.” Ashton said with a final tone. “I really do. Talk to you later.”

“Yeah.” She replied before she ended the call. She held the phone in her heart for seconds. Then, she turned around to face her worst nightmare. She needed to. She needed to make him go and stay away for the rest of his life. Because, that was what she was going to.

Once she was inside, Katie was greeted by the light. So, Eli had turned on the light. She turned off the phone and she sat on her bed, far away from Eli. Eli stared at her like she was the moon, even though it was moonless night tonight. She sighed loudly and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“I don’t know what you want, Eli.”

“I think you don’t love him, Katie.”

God, they both said at the same time. Katie let out her frustration groan before she stood up from her bed and sat on the cold floor. Of course, not a smart choice. But, Katie tended to be dumb whenever Eli was around.

“You don’t have the right to judge my love life, Eli.” Katie told him, covering her eyes with her palms. “Say what you want and leave.”

For some good minutes, Katie did not hear Eli’s voice. Oh, now, he tried to give her some silence treatment, huh? She looked up and she had been ready to tip to take a glance of Eli before she found that the person she had been thinking of was right there in front of her, examining her. She did not get a chance to ask what major he took when he was in the college. Doctor, maybe? Because, God knows, he was really good at looking at her.

“I know you don’t care what I want.” He finally replied. “And, you know what I want. You have known it since forever, Katie. But, instead, you put us through hell. And, as if I haven’t lived in the hell, you want me to leave now. What do you want?”

“I want you to leave, Eli. There, I’ve said it.” Katie murmured. “Oh, and stay away from me.”

But Eli was not a good boy. Instead of listening to every word Katie said and obeying it, Eli crushed his body with hers and touched her nose with his. God, it felt so damn right. She was supposed to be in his arms. It was like she found her puzzle piece again. But, now, she did not like it. She did not like the idea of Eli being so damn close to her. And, as if they were still miles away, Eli pulled her closer and closer. Now, she could feel the heat of Eli and she liked it. Like a sin.

Ashton, you have to forgive me. You won’t like what I do behind your back. But, you have to forgive me.

She had planned to say those words through the phone next morning because she knew, she would not be able to ignore this temptation. She would not be able to stay away from Eli. She would let herself taste the sin and then she would regret everything in the morning. She needed to make a phone call in the morning, and she would cry herself out to Ashton. Maybe Ashton would forgive her.

But she needed to stop her thinking when Eli finally kissed her lips. So gently. So passionately.

Again, so damn right.

It only took fifty seconds before Katie took a deep breath. Hell, breathing got hard to do. So, she closed her eyes and let Eli kissed her like there was no tomorrow. And as if she already lost the battle, she kissed him back. With the same fire. With the same passion. And, she surely tasted blood in her lips but they both ignored it. Instead, Eli deepened the kiss and hugged her tightly. Katie wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled against his lips. Finally, she did the wrong thing she had never ever let herself do. But, it felt so right. Now, the big question was on her head, haunting her like his kiss did. Why? Why now?

Eli pulled away for a second as he pulled out her dress. Then, he kissed her again and again as if they both would die tomorrow. Eli’s hands were on her waist. They have not made any moves, but Katie definitely knew what the kiss led to.

And, with the same fire, Katie unbuttoned his shirt one by one, slowly. Eli groaned as he pulled away and Katie opened up her eyes.

“What?”

“We both will regret this, Katie.” He kissed her lips. Then, he pulled away again. “But you don’t have any idea how bad I’ve wanted you. All this time.” He kissed her lips again. “Now, hurt me. Don’t let me do this to you. Let me go again. Make me crazy again.”

She smiled at him as she put his hands on her chest. She surely did not drink that much. But, she wanted to act like she was drunk. She wanted to feel his love, even though it was never hers. She wanted him to know that she loved him, and it was unrequited love. And, as she closed her eyes and kissed him, she let him know how much she loved him.

“We’ll see if I can do that tomorrow.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Elena White


Author's Note

Elena White
Please do point out if you notice any grammatical mistakes. What do you think of this? What do you think has to be improved from this chapter? Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"But Katie did not acknowledge of Andrea"
Suggestion-> "But Katie did not acknowledge Andrea"
"Everything was plain perfect"it was a perfect party." (I saw cases like this throughout the piece by the way)
Suggestion-> "Everything was plain perfect. It was a perfect party."
This made me laugh-> "Katie was not good at drinking, and she would go stupid if she drank a little too much."
It wasn't hard to read but the way you composed it made it a little hard to understand. I suggest rereading and editing.
This was pretty good, I hope Katie and Eli end up together. =3

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Elena, you have talent as a writer. For me, however, your phrasing is a big issue. There are some awkward phrases and improper use of some words. If there is someone you can trust who could go through a few pages of your writing blow by blow and help you with your phrasing, your writing would be much improved. Your phrasing reminds me of someone whose native tongue is not English. Is this true?

Posted 10 Years Ago


This actually has dozens of grammatical errors, not huge ones, but they still throw off the stories flow. You need to go through your work, and read it ALOUD. Maybe wait a day or two after you write it, and then go through and do this several times. Even if you don't have the best grammar, reading aloud will still help you narrow down the unnatural sentences. Do this, and you should be able to get rid of most of the mistakes. After you do this, feel free to ask me to re-read, and I can then pick out the errors; but it is best that you get used to reading your work aloud before asking people to take the time to point out errors (since many of them can be spotted yourself).

Posted 10 Years Ago


again I'm left wanting more. Good writing. The only thing I can add is continue to let yourself go never mind the technical stuff get lost in your thoughts of the story line.The rest can be done later.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Elena,

I would love to know about who Katie is, What is her beautiful and ugly? How does she view the world? These are important questions to ask of your characters. What are her intentions and motivations?

Posted 10 Years Ago


you can write and rest can be taken care, so don't worry too much. Also start and end of story was nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"But Katie did not acknowledge of Andrea"
Suggestion-> "But Katie did not acknowledge Andrea"
"Everything was plain perfect"it was a perfect party." (I saw cases like this throughout the piece by the way)
Suggestion-> "Everything was plain perfect. It was a perfect party."
This made me laugh-> "Katie was not good at drinking, and she would go stupid if she drank a little too much."
It wasn't hard to read but the way you composed it made it a little hard to understand. I suggest rereading and editing.
This was pretty good, I hope Katie and Eli end up together. =3

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
6 Reviews
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: romantic, love, reunite, party, seven days with Elliott Cooper, Elliott, Katie, Wedding


Author

Elena White
Elena White

About
Hello My name is Elena White, but just call me Elena. I have fallen in love with writing books since I was fourteen. It is what makes me wake up every morning and feel like I should write more and .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Elena White