COME AWAY WITH ME...

COME AWAY WITH ME...

A Chapter by Elise Anton

So she thinks... what makes a writer? She cannot feel the normal emotions others feel; she sits staring at screens, her mind a million miles away where another mind tosses and turns and begs for sleep. She wonders why the illusive notion so at ease in others so dis-eases her. It vexes her damn it. It vexes her.


So she tries to be this thing: It gives words and it takes words in and in-between this giving and that taking she aches to be made real, something that one can hold, caress, enfold so that the dreams come and the dreams are sweet blessed relief... freed from the compulsion to chase illusion and the edge - always the precipice - awaiting each minute misstep.


Words build one bridge, collapse another, and in rebuilding more time passes her unlived, unshared - in other but emotions flung up into the air, the wind carrying them ferrying them till one day they will float down un-received; one or the other having perished between thought and some quite unexpected undeniable catastrophe.


Oh if he would. Follow her lead, let golden sand and setting sun frame liquid breaths in glorious imagery - enough to maybe yet sustain another long deluge of torrential loss and missing what one cannot ever hope to hold for long... Yes to touch for that little bit, to claim a single moment of reality - not the insanity of hope she clutches for security as though, as though, hope was a tightrope 'tween digital signals and this pulsing and erratic beat of hers.


Oh but the dreams. The writer sleeps beyond the screen where words unseen clutter the distance and the time with unsung lullabies... "Come away with me... Come away with me..."



© 2016 Elise Anton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words make the writer. It really is that simple if its pure.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elise Anton

7 Years Ago

Yeah... it's the keeping it pure. It's the pristine words untainted by anything other than their exi.. read more
Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

It's much worse than that. It doesn't exist... it was made up a long time ago; but not long enough a.. read more
Elise Anton

7 Years Ago

One needs something... even a fantasy really.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2016
Last Updated on June 11, 2016
Tags: writing, story, romance, time, love, words, thoughts, memories, life


Author

Elise Anton
Elise Anton

Australia



About
Hello from downunder! I am one of those people who can just sit and write. It's like breathing for me. I've never shared and never published. It was my thing, my escape, my therapy... I have two so.. more..

Writing