Just Wait

Just Wait

A Poem by ELii
"

A few months ago i was faced with a decision that would change my life forever. This is to my soulmate, Hallows! You are so amazing, and time will only tell of our epic . Here is to us!

"

 

 

 

 

 

Days are colder

yet life still waits

for the sun to caress

its sleeping place.

The longing, so strong

you can hear the earth murmur

..."just wait".

As the wind chills all around

our seed is nestled deep in the ground.

 

 

© 2008 ELii


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful! Short, yet understandable and to the point. It conveys a specific emotion and I like that. The only thing that I might say to change would be to eliminate the word "deep" from the last sentence so it doesn't read that extra beat longer than the other sentences. I do understand why you would keep it in there though.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very nicely done. You have made the first cut of finalists in my imagery contest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


As the wind chills all around

our seed is nestled deep in the ground.



A Lovely descriptive piece~ so well expressed and beautifully penned~

THanks for sharing your lovely verse in the love shack contest~Fran Marie

Posted 15 Years Ago


Love entails the survival of winter, excellent write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Congratulations on the contest! x

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thoughts of spring. I wish it would hurry up and get here. I've been waiting long enough. Excellent write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H.
I feel like that's what season I'm in right now. I suppose it's what I get for being in California and missing a real winter.

It feels like the Ace of Wands--a seed sown, waiting for Spring to come alive in the fires of the Sun. The earth murmuring is a peaceful image, reassuring me that the time is near.

We all feel this way, but how often do any of us write about it? If poetry's all about catching a moment, you caught a gem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great write! thanks for sharing it with me. Keep writing.

~Stephen

Posted 16 Years Ago


I read some of the other reviews. They stole my words, so there is nothing left to say. Well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Waiting thru the winter thaw for the full bloom of the greatest emotion.

Definitely a beautiful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

loved it.


Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

793 Views
30 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 14, 2008
Last Updated on June 30, 2008

Author

ELii
ELii

Chattanooga, TN



About
So today I bring something new to the table! I am an ARTIST. I breathe, eat and sleep art. My path has always been somewhat full of mist. A haze that I walked blindly in, searching for light... more..

Writing
Cut Cut

A Poem by ELii


Hallow field Hallow field

A Poem by ELii



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..