5 Essential Ingredients for Green Smoothie

5 Essential Ingredients for Green Smoothie

A Story by Elizabeth Clark
"

Now a day Green Smoothie one of the healthy Drink. I talk about 5 essential ingredients for Green Smoothie.

"

Green shakes are a fresh, quick and easy way to make sure that you are packing your day full of fruits and nutritious vegetables. However, if it is not done correctly you can have a milkshake that lacks important nutrients or just horrible tastes! Follow these tips to create the perfect green smoothie every time.

The 5 major building blocks of a healthy green smoothie

 

Green leafy Vegetables

Lush greens are the basis of each green shake and where they get their green color. Each smoothie should have at least 1-2 cups of leafy greens. I recommend turning your greens from week to week to make sure you are reaping the benefits of all the different greens and preventing the accumulation of alkaloids. If you are starting, try the spinach because it tends to have the least taste. As you feel more comfortable, add other vegetables such as kale, chard, etc.

 

Protein

Adding protein to your green shake will turn it into a complete, balanced meal replacement, keep you satisfied for longer and reduce the impact of the milkshake on your blood sugar. My favorite proteins are Greek yogurt, protein powder, walnuts and hemp hearts.

 

Fruit

Fresh fruit not only provides other healthy nutrients, but also adds a bit of a naturally sweet taste. Remember, healthy food works only if you really eat it so it is important that you enjoy your green smoothie! Each milkshake must have ½-1 piece/serving of fruit. Opt for fruits of lower glycemic value and higher like berries and apples.

 

Fat

Fat is the most often forgotten ingredient in a green shake. We typically try to avoid it to keep the milkshake low in calories. However, the fat needs to be present in order to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K). So if your milkshake is fat-free you may be letting some important nutrients slip through your fingers. Often fat and protein bind (e.g., nuts, yogurt, etc.), but some other great options are coconut oil, avocado, chia seeds and walnut butter. Shoot approximately 1tsp per milkshake.

As long as you make sure the 5 ingredients are included, you can experiment with your favorite fresh ingredients

 

 

Liquid

The amount and type of liquid you use is based on the thickness you want your milkshake as well as how you want the flavor to be. Although fruit juices may seem like a good way to add flavor and vitamins, it's also a good way to add a lot of extra sugar. I would avoid using fruit juice whenever possible. Instead, opt for water, green tea or milk (dairy or non-dairy). I start with 1 cup per milkshake and then gradually add more if I need to dilute the smoothie out a bit.

 

© 2017 Elizabeth Clark


Author's Note

Elizabeth Clark
Click Here For More Information about Smoothie Maker

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on October 8, 2017
Last Updated on October 8, 2017