In the Blink of an Eye

In the Blink of an Eye

A Poem by SilentDreamer
"

A sad poem about death.

"

In the blink of an eye
A soul can die
A simple accident
A horrible crime
Either way you're dead
Leaving others behind
You leave and go beyond
Skies and clouds and life above
Tears fall in grief
To those who loved
To those who knew

To those who miss you

In the blink of an eye
A soul can die
Leaving others alone
In pain and truth
To realize you're gone
They give a cry
Wishing for you
To be here
To be alive
To wish apon a star


Yet in the blink of an eye ...
You did die

© 2010 SilentDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very effective use of line length and repitition of 'i the blink of an eye' to get across the point. The rather plain, blunt language helps too. There's a bit of a disconnect between lines 6 and 7. The way it is, it seems like you're saying that those left behind are the ones 'to leave and go beyond.' You might have to get 'you' in there somehow to avoid potential confusion (I presume that if I have questions others might as well). The same question arises in lines 10,11 and 12. The preposition 'to' makes it sound like someone is shedding tears for those who love, those who knew and those who grieve, when I think these are the people shedding the tears. Inserting the line 'to wish upon a star' in the third to the last line is a really nice touch. Draws the mind away from the mundane, the death and raises some hope. Hoping the poem doesn't hit too close to home and any of your loved ones, I will simply congratulate you on a nicely done poem and continued success with your writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Relatable. Sad. Very easy to understand. Good poem. My favorite of yours so far.:)

--Blood

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
SOOOOO relateable! I went through this. One day I saw my brother and then that night he was in a car accident...never to be seen again. This poem is so true and so sad. Very well written! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 7, 2010

Author

SilentDreamer
SilentDreamer

About
☼ Hey! Well I'm a writer, of course. I love hanging out with my friends, writing, reading, shopping, being outside, listening to music, cooking, gardening, photography, acting and playing guit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..