Nami and Orion

Nami and Orion

A Chapter by Ella Michelle
"

First two characters of the story introduction

"
**Nami**
The sounds of my rushed steps echo through the silent night. I hurry to the violet blue cloth laying in the back of the alley...was it hers? Was this a sign that she was alive?
The volumous roar covered the sound of my messy footing. I reached the cloth and stared at it before picking it up. The smooth purple satin slid through my fingers the first time I picked it up. The second time, the movement stirred the vanilla jasmine body mist she sprays after she finishes smoking. Only...the smell of blood lingered in the air around shawl.
Tear drops spilled from my eyes. She was alive. I could tell the blood wasn't her's because it did not have that tangy smell. It appears as though she found ally scum to prey on and in the process her dinner snatched off some of her clothing, which would explain the torn and blood stained shawl.
I let the satin slip through my hands and fall back on the gravel. I saw droplets of blood splattered up the brick wall and inhaled deeply. More of the rusty smell came from the west and I knew where to begin my journey.
The streets were splattered in blood. Busses, cars, and motorcycles were broken and trashed. Stores were on fire and the sky was filled with smoke. Those creatures walked the streets with me, walking into walls and street signs. They couldn't hear me bare feet.
I had proven my hypothesis correct a short while ago. They were blind and their nerves were dead but they could smell and hear perfectly fine. I had barely made it out of my school. I had been trapped there for hours but made it, untouched and alone. I had broken into the gym and stole a wooden sword. I am, or was, team captain of the martial arts club and thus had a key to the weapons locker. Though it'd take tremendous power to crack their heads it helped to push them aside when they came too close. I was looking for my sister in a bloody Hell on Earth. The only place we could run to was home, she'd have to be there. Home, though, was 1 hour and 45 minutes away by bus. Without a car and in all this turmoil, it could take days. I considered looking for a car but it'd waste time. I continued to tiptoe on the cold concrete and pools of blood.

**Orion Sagitarrius**
I catch sight of a girl, dead in the corner, and walk over to her. I can see her soul and she was surely pure and innocent before death. Yes, I can see her soul, as I am Orion Sagitarrius, the newest soul eater, and I was 14 years at my death. In order to become and progress from a blood drinker (also known as a divine drinker) and a flesh eater. The process of progressing is extremely painful and complicated, which is why there are so few soul eaters. The easiest way to become a soul eater, though, is through birth. Soul eaters are also very close to being human, we have emotions and look like humans, the only difference is that we eat souls of those humans and animals that have died. When a soul is eaten, the one who eats it feels the last emotion of the person who has passed. I walk past a window and see my reflection. My ice blue eyes, pale complexion, and mid-length black hair. I also notice I am shorter than most of the people I see, at my height of 4' 11". I have eaten this girl's soul and I am now dragging her back to my living area, where Saeko and Kassandra are waiting for their meal also.
Once I get back to the living area, I notice that Krudos is there. He is the man who created me, and he looks almost gone. After not having souls for two weeks, he has started his transition into a ghost. It seems he has something to tell me, as he looks expectingly at me, I wonder what it could be...


© 2011 Ella Michelle


Author's Note

Ella Michelle
Like it??

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011


Author

Ella Michelle
Ella Michelle

Newport News, VA



About
Hey, I am Elana. i am fourteen. my other account, Elana Turczynski, is not letting me log on, so this is me now! hehe :) more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Ella Michelle