Heather

Heather

A Story by No Face Child
"

So far the story is about a young girl, Heather, who lives in a dark world where shapeshifters, good and bad live. I would tell you more but this is just the first chapter.

"

Chapter 1: the memory

 

          As I touch the small mashed stone, the color of the dresses balerinas wear when the snow falls, I remember how graceful life used to be. I remember when I was innocent to all things unknown and just played in the snow. The soft, white blanket of snow that was now melting from the blood of  Charlie.

          I remember when he came over and we ate little cakes together. I remember my mother telling us to leave the house and play outside. And most of all I remember how Charlie grabbed my hand and quickly ran with me towards the woods.

“Come on little princes,” he had said smiling at me “ We can pick berries for you mother so she can make jam.”

“But we have plenty of jam,” I had whined “I want to finish my cake and tea.” He sighed as I tried to run back home and put me on his shoulder. Then, he began to run fast into the woods with his incredible strength. The cold winds blew through my brown hair and struck my face with forces so strong, tears poured out.

We has stopped at a clearing when we had heard a loud explosion in the air. All animals of the forest stopped their beautiful song and stood still with us. Charlie put me down and stared in the dirrection of our house then he turned to face me. He looked so strong and tall with his blonde hair in a tangled mess from the wind. He knelt down to my height and stared at me with his sky blue eyes.

“How about this little princes,” he had said softly, skin so soft and pale “ how about you go that way and look for red berries and I look for the blue ones?”

I had stared dumbly at him. Why couldn’t we pick them together? I had bearly knew what was poisonus and not. “But I-” I had began.

“Heather,” he interupted looking around wearily “ please just looked for the red berries, or maybe you can find nuts,  just find something sweet ok?”

“But what if-”

“Heather,” he whispered loudly “ I need you to just run into the woods as fast as you can and don’t look back. There are serious things going on, things of which a young girl like you need not know. I love you little princess, now go!”

          He softly kissed me on the forehead and pushed me into the trees. I heard loud footsteps coming from the opposite side and hid behind a tree to see. A women, dressed in a tight black suit, came towards Charlie and smiled. “Where’s the child?” she had asked.

Charlie stood still then scratched his head “What child do you speak of?”

“Oh I think you know Charlie,” she had smiled and put her hands on her hips, the way mother does “you babysit her everyday.”

“Oh that girl” he had  laughed sort of  “She ate so many cakes she blew up!”

I had blushed and looked down at my tummy, for I was getting on the chunky side. I wanted to run out and tell him to take that back, but something told me to stay back.

 “Charlie as a young man,who will hopefully join The Forces, we expect you to tell us the truth,” then she had came closer to his face “now I ask again, where is she?

Charlie stood still and quiet for a long time, then a small voice came from withen the other side of the clearing.

“Charlie!” a small girl voice screamed and a little girl ran out towards him.

“Rosie!” he had screamed with joy as he ran to her to gather her in a hug.  He swirled her around and laugh and cried. The girl had laughed and cried with him.

“Where’s Heather” she had asked innocently

“Wha-What,” he had stuttered “how do you know-” he bagan

Then the girl slowly began to melt in his hands until all that was left was a skeleton made of shiny iron. Charlie had screamed loudly and dropped the metal scooping up the meats from the ground. “Rosie.” He weeped.

“See Charlie,” said the woman walking up behind him “See what we had too do?” Charlie cried and hugged the remains close to his body. “You should have told given her too us so she would behave, now little Rosie is just another dead body on the forest floor. Do you want Heather to be another dead body too?”

Charlie had quickly stood up, his eyes a glowing blue “You evil b***h!” he screamed white fur bursting out of his skin. I had stood there in shock, staring at the beautiful creature he became. It was one I only dreamt of and heard stories about. Never once had I seen the real White Wolf.

He ran quickly to her, his eyes wide with anger and jaw opened wide. He clamped it on her wrist and a loud scream escaped her mouth. She cried for some man named James and soon he came running out of the other side of the clearing.

He quickly pulled out something shiny and silver. I never seen it before but it looked deadly. He pointed it toward the White Wolf and a loud bang exscaped. The White Wolf slowly colasped and blue liquid poured from his side. The woman kicked him in the head and murmed something in his ear.  The two people stood in the clearing for  for a while, whispering words I could not understand, then left.

I had quickly ran to the White Wolf’s side and rubbed his ears. He slowly began to transform into Charlie again, still leaking blue liquid.

“Charlie,” I had whispered touching the warm blue liquid

“Hey little princess,” he whispered back “ find any berries?”

          I stared into his sky blue eyes trying to figure him out. His breathing was rough and the blue liquid began to come from his mouth. He coughed roughly then grabbed my hand with a soft squeeze.

“Heather, little princess,” he coughed “ do not go home, I want you to run as far as you can in the forest, move as fast as the deer of the forest .”

“But I’m not that fast and you are sick,” I whined “we must get you home to mother and work on this, this blue stuff.”

          He layed there for a moment touching his leaking side then he looked at me with sadden eyes. “Heather, we can not go home, and I can not go with you. I want to rest here and enjoy the beauty of the forest. You must leave now and run to the river. Take my bag and eat the cakes only if your hungry. Drink the water only if your thirsty. And use the gun only if you need it.”

“What’s a gun?” I had asked dumbly.

“You will know when you need it,” then he reached under his sweater and pulled out a small flatten stone tied to some stirng around his neck. He handed it to me and smiled “Here take this, its shows them you’re on our side.”

“Who?” I asked, still wondering what a gun was. He was telling me so many confusing things. Then he slowly closed his eyes and smiled.

“You will know when you meet them.” He smiled.

          I rememeber that moment, the moment Charlie closed his eyes. When he stopped breathing in my arms and the blue blood dried. I remember how I called his name, begging for him to respond. I also remember not receiving an answer. And I knew when the birds started to  circle above, that my best friend had died.


 

© 2012 No Face Child


Author's Note

No Face Child
I've been working on a story that i really enjoy and i have decided to post the first chapter. I appoligize if my grammar and spelling is off, i'm just a dumb child who likes to write stories. Give me your feedback and tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012
Tags: Heather, NoFaceChild, ShapeShifters, Story, First Story

Author

No Face Child
No Face Child

About
I sit on a chair in frount of this white screen Wondering what to say about me I find nothing intresting You do not know me You will never know me all you will know is the name i call my self wh.. more..