Can I Buy You a Drink...um...I Mean a Glass of Water?

Can I Buy You a Drink...um...I Mean a Glass of Water?

A Poem by Emcis
"

I worry too much...

"

So I was thinking about going to a club to have a good time and possibly befriend a nice girl who I could become more than friends with. I don't usually go to clubs and tend to avoid crowds but I thought maybe I could give it a chance one day. Then I realized-I can't dance! How am I supposed to go up to some girl and say, "You wanna dance?"  Then the next thing I considered what happens if the girl looks really young but is actually like 30 something? That's a little too old for me. Then what happens if we go over to the bar? What am I supposed to say? "Can I buy you a drink? But just make sure it's not alcoholic because I'm not 21...or maybe I could give you the money and you could buy us both some alcoholic drinks." Um....yeah...maybe I should stay away from clubs.

© 2008 Emcis


Author's Note

Emcis
Pathetic I know....Let me have it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hahahaha this made me laugh! I would put this under story than poem...but oh that was funny!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2008

Author

Emcis
Emcis

Some Island, HI



About
Sup! I'm a Marine stationed in Hawaii and I don't have a lot of interests. I get bored easily. Writing is something I've always liked doing to pass the time and if you don't like it then oh well, don.. more..

Writing
Waste of Words Waste of Words

A Poem by Emcis