The Eagle

The Eagle

A Poem by India Damaris
"

I wrote this after witnessing in front of my truck driving 65mph a bald eagle swoop down right in front about 16 feet and snatch some road kill off the pavement.

"

The Eagle

Swaying swiftly, the movement catches the ‘eye’, straight down is the flight, no fear, no remorse intended, the survival is suddenly enlightened. The ‘eye’ meets the terrified and startled slumbering soul, of the little creature that was to be the intended fulfill. Behold the ‘eye’, and the revelation of habitual remorse, Let go just this once.

© 10/2000  India

© 2010 India Damaris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful... Full of imagery. I've seen theses beautiful birds swoop down and catch a rainbow trout, just as it leaped out of the lake feeding on mosquitoes. Catching it in the grasp of its claws while the fish was still in the air. Pure precision of the Eagles Eye. Spectacular Birds.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of the American Bird. I'm inspired now to write something of the Eagle.

Art

Posted 14 Years Ago


No remorse here. The greatest hunter with '
'piercing eye.
Great writing, perceptual artistry in action.
Thank you !

----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful piece of poetry which best describes how we are all prey on Mother Earth,part of a food chain,poor eagle cannot nip down to the local supermarket for it's breakfast,lunch or dinner.
Nicely written poem kudo's to you dear now try CHAPTER 1 of SOLENTVILLE TALES and let me know what you think of it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol my schools mascot is the eagles. I liked this poem a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010

Author

India Damaris
India Damaris

Orlando, FL



About
About the author: I am 46, from Montana US. I've been living in Florida for the last 16 years. I'm an artist, writer and enjoy every minute of what I do. I grew up being outside mostly with no cell p.. more..

Writing
Water Water

A Poem by India Damaris



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Stranger Dear Stranger

A Poem by emma


Play me Play me

A Poem by lindsay