...And You Are?

...And You Are?

A Story by E M I L Y

It's truly impossible to pinpoint exactly who you are at one exact moment. You might be feeling good about things, confident, and happy now but sadly that could all slip away in a matter of minutes. Granted, emotions aren't the only thing that dictate who that person is inside; there are plenty of other factors that can be taken into account as well. One of those things would be your interests - what you like. But then again that changes too. We might use our physical appearance to describe who we are, but between makeup, clothes, and a growing body that isn't set in stone either.

So what on earth is it that makes us who we are? It really is a troubling question and I find myself asking it constantly. However, when I really sit there and contemplate it, the only conclusion that I can come to is that it is my thoughts that make me.. me. Some people might call it a soul, I prefer to just think of it as the processes of our brains - but either way it's the one thing that we all posses that is entirely unique. Yes there are obviously some similarities, but we all have had different experiences and have different ways of looking at something.

Basically what I'm trying to get at here is that what you have is something special. I'm begging everyone not to let that go to waste because it would be a terrible tragedy. Yes, you do have something special to offer to the world and don't ever tell yourself otherwise. Just keep your chin up and don't settle for anything less than what you're satisfied with.

© 2008 E M I L Y


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 10, 2008

Author

E M I L Y
E M I L Y

Glendale, AZ



About
I'm Emily. Thats all you need to know. more..

Writing
Lost Lost

A Poem by E M I L Y