Dreaming of Flowers

Dreaming of Flowers

A Poem by Emily

I had a dream about you last night. You were still alive and shining. You grew flowers in your garden and in my ribs. One by one you cared and loved them just like you loved me. Careful planning and consideration went in to each seed that you placed. You liked to grow life.

 

I had a dream about lightning last night. The terrifying beauty flashed to earth and to oblivion before I had the good sense to enjoy it's magnificence. My dream was showing me your life. You were too young to die. 

 

They say God is a jealous God. I understand that he must get lonely up there but he didn't have to take you. He was jealous of the light you brought us. Maybe thats why the sky stays bright. But Allison, you forgot to come back. No one is watering your garden. The sky is too bright. The sky is too bright. You shouldn't be up there. You forgot that flowers need rain to grow. 

 

I had a dream about you last night. You were gardening. You were alive. 

But I have learned now that even flowers die... In my ribs, in your garden...

 

You are not alive any longer. But I still love you. Because Allison, even in the grave, flowers grow around your headstone.

© 2016 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 21, 2016
Last Updated on November 21, 2016
Tags: death, love, flowers, friend, grave, gravestone, dreams, dreaming

Author

Emily
Emily

About
I love to write but I am too embarrassed to show it to people that know me. However, I'm proud of my work and hope others like it too. more..

Writing
"No". "No".

A Poem by Emily