Finding Myself

Finding Myself

A Poem by emily joe
"

This is basically how I came to love myself again. In these very words, I was able to come to a point where I appreciated myself. Life is too short to be lost for too long. Enjoy!

"

I once believed in magic, in a world where grass grew green

I once lived in a fairytale, lullabies heard, and miracles seen

 

I once blew with the wind, fell with the leaves, and into love

I once picked flowers in an empty field, and kissed the clouds above

 

Until the day I lost myself, in a maze of hide n' seek

The glitter slowly faded, as I washed away like stones in a creek

 

I put away my smiles, and hid my hugs up on a shelf

You'll never truly live, until you've looked, and found yourself

 

© 2010 emily joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely. Amazing. Writing.
Oh goodness.
Top notch stuff from beginning to end, it just blows my face off. GREAT. JOB MA'AM.
Perfect 100 for me.


Posted 10 Years Ago


i love it i glad you found your self iam still looking

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You're really good at putting childhood innocence and self esteem into.perspective, in just a few words. I.love this.poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was good. I wish I could find myself, but right now that is not even a possibility at this point. I'm glad you were able too. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I really liked this write, it goes deep. I like the rhyme scheme and flow. Very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


normally rhymey poems are kind of corny and stupid, but you were able to make it flow well and work. It also didn't seem like you were trying to hard to rhyme either.

On a different subject, you used some great imagery and brought me to world you were descrbing. Good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A short but insightful write, about a transitional period in life.
It reminds me of my sister when she was a kid, she would spend hours building "Fairy houses" and my brothers and i would leave tiny broken up pieces of food in them, and write tiny notes. She used to get so excited, then all of a sudden she stopped building them, her fairy bedspread disapeared and she didnt want hugs anymore from our Mom. As soon as it stopped it started up again...she had found herself, she is now the most cuddly person i know.
Secretly i miss the fairy bedspread.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The poem is so honest.. that I cant really give opinion.review.critique. I merely want to state that you have done a splendid job and that I really did enjoy reading this work of great art.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So much truth in these wonderful words of wisdom. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


you have got some really really nice images and word phrases here that are fresh and original. I like-
I once picked flowers in an empty field,

to me- that means you saw things idealistically- not as they were but maybe as you hoped they would be. i wonder if this is what you meant? sometimes when I go back and read my poems later- i find out interesting things about my self that i didn't know... which is kind of the point of your poem;) great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1291 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010

Author

emily joe
emily joe

Chicago, IL



About
Emily, 20, currently living in Chicago. Funny story: I dropped out of college after wrangling mental illness my freshmen year and have since been figuring out what the f**k I want to do with me li.. more..

Writing
To The Sun To The Sun

A Poem by emily joe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..