Inside You

Inside You

A Poem by Emily Robinson

A flower arrangement is sometimes like you
rays of sunshine hit the petals and cast a glow.
The beauty within, is waiting to be known.
I first looked on the outside, and found it becoming. Radiant.
The sun cast it's beams of light, causing peripheral to wilt.
But the SON casts His' light on you, radiating the inside beauty.
Truly, it is the inside that counts, that lasts... and never wilts away. Nor fades into dusk.
To me; real beauty is the heart the Christ radiated, when you first took His' hand.
Beauty never comes from the outward appearance,nor from what ones does to please others,
nor from what one does to be well liked by others.
But radiant are those who give their all to God with full submission. Pure heart.

© 2008 Emily Robinson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate your comment, "Anima Inspired". This poem was actually written about ten years ago, when I was twelve years old... So I admit that it does lack a lot of rhythm or skill to the writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful writing...great imagery. I think that the problems that I had with this piece were in punctuation and line breaks, which both break the flow up a little. There were many places where periods were used instead of commas, and that stops the reader, forcing an unnatural break in the flow of the piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2008

Author

Emily Robinson
Emily Robinson

KS



About
My name is Emily, and I love to write. I started with writing fictional short stories when I was eleven, but since then have expanded to poetry, a novel, song lyrics, screenplay writing, and inspirat.. more..

Writing