Prologue: The Story of The Young, Beautiful, and  Clever Witch.

Prologue: The Story of The Young, Beautiful, and Clever Witch.

A Chapter by emilythestrange

Once upon a time the fairytales and the real world could live together quite peacefully.

The edges of the real world and the imaginary world blended together in a hazy mess of magic and the tangible and the true.

And there was a witch, young, beautiful, and clever, who fell in love with a tangibly true person, who in return fell in love with her. She promised to always give him a home when he had want for one, and to always give him help when he needed it. And, in return, he promised the same.

But the fairytales and the real world are not meant to mix, no matter how peacefully they could live together.

There came a time when the real world felt that the fairytales were not truly human, which some were not, and banished them into the Fairytale Lands

All of the fairytales were taken into an enchanted wood, where the border between real and imaginary, genuine and fanciful, lay.

They were thrown into the unsubstantial and immaterial, where the real people thought that they belonged.

But the young, beautiful, and clever witch, however, somehow managed to escape the clutches of the tangible and true, fleeing the woods in which she lived to the house of her lover, for there she was sure to find refuge.

But her lover fell short of his promise, as, in the late hours of the morning, when the witch arrived at his home, he was to married to another. He turned her away, not giving her home, nor help, nor refuge.

To this very day the witch seeks revenge on her the Fairytales, for she blames them for her misfortune,and, of course, hate is the most terrible killer beauty, so she is no longer beautiful. And, of course, vanity is the most terrible killer of cleverness, so she is no longer clever. And, of course, time is the most terrible killer of youth, so she is no longer young.


© 2013 emilythestrange


Author's Note

emilythestrange
Hope you like this :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intreging, though I feel at the end it could have been worded better. Maybe something among the lines of "Hatred is the most horrid killer of beauty, so she is terribly ugly." Explain how she is ugly, maybe ugly in personality? Or a more fairy tale like approach, take a toll on her physical apperance as well. So forth. Though I've only complained, and pointed to what might you be able to do better with a little advice on how, though you also did a great job! It was nice, a little short, and it was very much in the styling of a fairy tale which is fitting. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


emilythestrange

10 Years Ago

Thank you :) I will work on those things...
David the writer

10 Years Ago

Np, I'm almost done with Ch.2

Thanx for sharing
emilythestrange

10 Years Ago

:)
I like your writing style and choice of words :) Please write more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
How.. intriguing. You're style reminds me of Lemony Snickett, what with your narrating and word choice and ages of misery. Though, I was hoping for more of a Faerie Winter story, but, being a romantic at heart, I have fell instantly in love with it.~

Posted 11 Years Ago


emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Thank you
This is wonderful! I love your style of storytelling. You really pulled me in and kept me wondering what will happen next. I cant wait to read more when you post it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) I will work on the first chapter tomorrow.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange