Shameless Prequel

Shameless Prequel

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor
"

I write these in really small pieces. Each post is not one chapter:)

"

“Mommy! Mommy! Look! Look!” The girl said, waving her green and blue fingers in the air. She looked at her mother, who was silently watching the sunset. “Mommy?” Her mother gave a tiny grin and sighed, “What a beautiful painting, Clara. Very nice," she said distantly. Her daughter beamed at the compliment, and pointed at the smudged painting of a family. “See, this is you,” she said, pointing at a smiling woman with bright blue eyes and brown hair, “this is me,” Clara continued, pointing to the small green-eyed girl in the painting, “and this is daddy.” Her mother sucked in a breath. She must not of noticed the man in the painting before. She narrowed her eyes at her daughter, “Clara. Don’t you ever mention that man again. Do you understand?” Clara was confused and hurt, but she obeyed her mother and didn’t say a word. Clara was to young then to notice, but her mother was slowly slipping away. Not talking, not eating. Until one day…she stopped everything.

This was the last day Clara would have before her mother betrayed her, leaving her for dead.



© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This drew me in! Very intriguing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. You certainly caught my attention! I will HAVE to read more now!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 28, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing