Regrets

Regrets

A Screenplay by Emma Marie Taylor
"

Just a little screenplay I wrote for myself. This has no story tied with it I just felt like adding some broken heart romance to my mix of writing:)

"

“How could you?” He asks, his voice shaking in pain.

I close my eyes, letting the tears drizzle down my eyes, “I did it because I love you.” My voice is barely a whisper.

“You lied to me, you forgot me. That’s what you call love?” His words sting more than any other pain I’ve felt before.

He turns to leave but my hand reaches his arm, my voice soft like a child’s, “Don’t go.” His eyes soften, but quickly harden and he rips from my grasp. As I watch him leave his words echo in my head. He was right though, even though it hurts to admit.

Love isn’t something you can just forget, cut open, rip out the love, throw it on the floor, and pop all the caring inside. Love isn’t something you can lie about. Love is the safety you feel in his warm embrace, love is the reason the sun comes up in the morning. Love is the blood and sweat of a shabby life.

Love is not what I gave him, its what he gave me.

Love is what I always wanted to give to him, though.

© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the way you convey the emotion of this 'scene' but it's not really a screenplay. It is however compelling and makes you want more, and this is no mean feat. I really like the line " His eyes soften, but quickly harden and he rips from my grasp" as it really creates direction.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 26, 2012
Last Updated on September 26, 2012
Tags: break, screenplay, love, leaving, gone, missing, sorry, alone, upset, forgiveness, loving

Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing