Shameless Chapter Twenty Two

Shameless Chapter Twenty Two

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

As soon as I stepped into the taxi, the smug, dizzy smile immediately left my face.

What. The. Hell. Did. I. Just. Do.


Instead of the giddy, excited feeling I expected to feel after my kiss with Daniel, it was squashed by the sick, queasy, guilty feeling groaning inside my belly.

I never should have kissed him. A stunned, shocked expression must of gave me away for the taxi driver looked at me through the rear view mirror, his eyebrow raised.

It wasn't the fact I kissed him, I don't think.

It was the nagging, aching voice screaming in my head, What about Jonah?

          *                         *                            *

"
Clara. We need to talk. Now." I shake my head, ignoring my mother's icy gaze, and begin  to mount the stairs. "Clara! I'm talking to you!" 

That stops me dead in my tracks. I turn to face her, fearless.

"What." The tone of my voice screamed it was not a question.

"Sit down." She runs a hand through her shiny blond hair, and I angrily plop down onto a kitchen chair, staring icy daggers at her.

She sits down across from me, her eyes confused and biting her lower lip, nervous. "What?!' I say.

She looks straight into my eyes, her eyes burning with an intensity extremely familiar to me.

And thats when i see it.


She has the same, icy, fearless gaze in her eyes that stares back at me in the mirror.

"We need to talk about the day...I erm....dropped you off."

Immediately, I screech my chair back and stand up, "I don't want to talk about that."

Forcingfully, she grabs hold of my arm, and throws me back into the chair, "I'm not asking."

I rip free of her grasp, "And I'm not obeying." She reaches over to grab my arm again, but out of instinct, I slap her.

Across the face.

The sound ricochets off the kitchen walls, and she crouches to the ground, the chair tipping over, holding her swelling cheek.

Guilt rises in my chest, and I begin to feel the forming words of an apology morph when she says, "Clarabelle. Cynthia. Reese. I am your mother. How dare you hit me!"

And thats when I snap.

"Mother? Mother?! The goddamn tree outside is more of a mother to me than you ever were!" I scream. I step towards her, my eyes ablaze.

My voice a dark, twisted whisper, "You aren't my guardian. You aren't my parent. You aren't my mother. Just leave me alone and stay out of my life!"

And I with that I run up the stairs, the guilt leaving my chest, even as I hear the blood-curtling sobs she screams from the kitchen downstairs. 


© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What. The. Hell. Did. She. Do. In. The. Previous. Chapter???
OMG!! I wanted to slap her across the face!!!
And I think her mother totally deserved that... Well after what she did
Amazing chapter!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Way intense. Loved it! But seriously dying to hear what her mother has to say.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Holy moly she just hit her mother :O That isnt good but I guess when she was using force and she hasnt always been there for her then I guess it's alright xD I mean I would, it would probably be on instince as well
Awesome chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on December 10, 2012
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing