Shameless Chapter Twenty Three

Shameless Chapter Twenty Three

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

The next morning Mr. Finnly called me to the Switched House.

Immediatly, I knew my mother called him.

"Clara. I'm very disappointed in you," Mr. Finnly says, sitting down in his leather chair. I scowl at him, "She got what she deserved."

Mr. Finnly shakes his head, "You should never hit your own mother, Clara."

I shoot out of my chair and get into his face, "Do you know what she did to me?! Do you know the hell she put me through!?" I scream. Mr. Finnly gulps and straightens his tie. "I'm aware of the circumstances-"

"Circumstances? Circumstances?! She sold me to the federal government to be used as their little play thing!" I scream, surprised as tears stream down my hot cheeks.

I stare daggers at him, but I know the glare is weakened by my tear-stained face. I wait for him to give a fact, or a snobby statement, but am shocked to see Mr. Finnly's white face, completely taken aback.

"That monster is not my mother," I whisper, "And she never will be."

           *                      *                     *
When I get home, my mother isn't there, instead, a small yellow note taped to my bedroom door is there. I sigh and rip it off, tossing it on the floor of my room.

I plop down on my bed and grab at my hair.

What happened to my life.


I try to remember the times before the Switched program, before the Hexawar.  Before Jonah and Daniel, before the Chroms and the Flashes and the foster homes.

I'm not surprised when I find none.

I wish my life was different. I wish-

Suddenly a blast of pain shoots from my skull and I arch my back in pain, a scream escaping my lips.

And then all I see is black.

        *                      *                    * 
"Stephanie? Can you grab File X, please? I need to check the new Chrom coming in soon," the man said, looking at his assistant. He straightened his already incredibly straight tie, and smiled at the woman. She blushed, and pulled a cream-colored manilla folder from the cabinet.

"What's this girl do again?" The man asked, flipping open the folder. He examined the photo of the small girl, the photo was hazy, but the girl was beautiful, even at her young age.

Her mousy brown hair was pulled back in a loose braid, and her green eyes sparkled, her skin was a creamy white, with rosy pink cheeks, and dimples smiling. Her smile was adorable, with two front teeth missing.

"Clarabelle Reese, sir." The assistant said. The man nodded, scanning her background info.

Height: 41 inches
Weight: 46.2 lbs
Age: 6
Hometown: unavaliable
Mother: Samantha Reese
Father: Clark Reese (deceased)
Background: unavailable
Physical ability: unidentified

The man smiled, a sick, dark grin, "Looks like we've found our girl."

                            


© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


Author's Note

Emma Marie Taylor
Favorite line? Review please! Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I AGREE WITH BOTH HORIZON AND THE FALLEN!!! *totally shocked*

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ohh so creepy! Need to know more about her past!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!!!
now I know the last part had to be a memory, but what is happening!!!! >.< SO MUCH TO PROCESS
KEEP WRITING

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing