Being Stupid. Chapter Four

Being Stupid. Chapter Four

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

I hate tests. I mean...I think it is pretty safe to say that almost ever American between the ages of 4 and 20 hate tests. But when I say I hate tests...I really mean it. 
Before a test I get, what I call, the Four Levels of Hell. 
 
Level One: Immediate self-doubt
Level Two: Sweaty palms, nausea, headache 
Level Three: Room spinning, and amnesia of all the things I studied for the test 
And all three of these levels were coursing through my veins at lunch before 5th period, as I sit down with Henry, probably looking a little green. 
"I can't do this..." I whisper, head in my hands, hiding from the spinning room. "Yes....you can." Henry says, awkwardly patting my head. I look up and give him a weak smile. "Thanks." 
"Its...not....that hard. You can ask....for the...modified version," He says. Henry always asks for the modified version. Its the test they give special ed kids, its the same material, just dumbed down for our tiny, idiotic brains. I hate it. 
"What stuff does it have on it?" I ask him, scanning the cafeteria for any lingering eyes. I hate talking about tests, especially what is going to be on them. It makes me feel sick. 
"Everything from....the first day....of...school.....to last week. Semester test," he answers, eyeing me curiously. 
A wave of nausea rolls over my stomach and the room spins so fast I can't even see Henry's face. "Gotta go..." I moan and grab my backpack, running out of the cafeteria, putting a hand to my mouth. 
I run into people in the hallway, but I can't make out their faces, just angry, spinning blurs as the nausea falls over me. 
I slam open the door to the Girl's bathroom and kick open an empty stall door. Tossing my backpack to the floor, I wrap my hands around the toilet seat and retch. 
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Level Four. 
After at least ten painful retches, I finally hurl. When I pull back, the room has stopped spinning and their are hot tears in my eyes. My head feels like someone ran over it with a mailtruck, and my face is burning. 
I sit in the stall, sweaty head pressed against the cool metal walls of the stall, shaking. I didn't use to be like this. In fact, I remember a time when I was excited for tests. Where the hell did that go? 
Suddenly, the sound of clicking heels and girly chatter floods the bathroom, and I shrink tighter against the stall. 

S**t.  
"Can you believe her? Who the hell does she think she is? Just because her father died doesn't mean she can just waltz out of class whenever the hell she wants to. Little b***h." The voice chatters. 
Several girly voices mumble in agreement, and on shaky legs, I grab my backpack, and try my best to leave the bathroom as quietly as I can. 
Missy and her posse are standing over a mirror as Missy professionally applies a layer of lipstick to her perfect lips. I hold back the urge to hurl again.
 As I try to escape to the door, Missy's eyes follow me and a smug smile floods her lips, "Ohhh. Look, girls. Its Miss Barfs A Lot." She gives me a sympathetic grin, oozing with sarcasm, "Maybe you can go take some ibuprofin. That is...if you can figure out how to read the bottle." 
She laughs, a witchy, cackle laugh and her friends join in, and I can feel the tears flooding my eyes. All i see is red. I grab my backpack and race out the door. 
The tears run down my face so fast I'm blinded, and suddenly i collide into someones head. Blinking back the tears, my vision clears to see Jeromy Taylor staring at me with those smoldering green eyes of his. "You okay?" 
I don't answer, just struggle to my feet and start running again, not looking back. 


© 2013 Emma Marie Taylor


Author's Note

Emma Marie Taylor
Favorite line? Please review! Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Level Four.

Awesome!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Who is Jeromy Taylor...? Future boyfriend???

Loved it.. Post next one quickly!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aweh gawd that sucks. Missy is so horrible. I mean if Missy was like that I guarentee she would hate people making fun of her! Awesome chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, this is so amazing and honest and it flows very well. I can relate to and feel your character as well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Ahmad Cox

11 Years Ago

No problem. Thanks for writing and sharing
I'm so glad that you have updated this! I love it! And I'm wondering who this Jeromy Taylor guy is to her... o.O

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

Yeah, i was suffering from a MAJOR case of writers block, when last night i woke up and had an idea... read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Yay! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 14, 2013
Tags: book, stupid, being, girl, mental, disorders, learning, disability, chapter, teen


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing