Being Stupid. Chapter Six

Being Stupid. Chapter Six

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

I wasn't always an outcast. Before I was diagnosed with ADHD, I was actually one of the most popular girls in Mrs. Raywood's second grade class. Sure, elementary popular and high school popular aren't exactly the same...but it was all I had. In my younger days, I had it all. The big house, the rich parents, nice clothes, etc. The only problem? 

My brain. 

To be honest, dear readers, Missy and I were best friends when we were kids. Our families even went to Disney World together. We were attached at the hip, and were on our way to ruling the school. There was only one flaw in our perfect little plan...me. Ever since the day I was outcasted by Missy and her posse, I have hated the Preps. They were so...fake. Every perfectly flawless curl, white teeth, and designer clothes felt too...Barbie to me. But I can't lie, a part of me wanted to be them. A small part of me wanted to be the It girl. 

Of course, being an idiot like myself, that goal was crushed immediately by the six inch heel of Missy's rein of evil. And all the vicous, perfect, evil little minions laughing behind her I assumed would be the same as her. Brats and b*****s. So imagine my surprise when Jeremy Taylor turned out to be...well...nice. 

"You know, Sage...you aren't exactly what I expected," he says, smiling at me as we made it back to my front yard. Stuck in my old habits, my immediate response was to be defensive, "What do you mean?" I said with a snarl. 

He shrugs, hands in his jean pockets. For once, Jeremy didn't look easygoing. I can't help but feel a little triumph to see Mr. Perfect really wasn't all that perfect. 

"I just mean...everyone says you're a b***h," He says. 

"By everyone do you mean Missy?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. His cheeks burn red and his blond hair falls over his eyes as he looks down, embarrassed. 

"That's what I thought," I say, turning to walk up my driveway. I can't believe him. I can't believe I actually thought he was different. But obviously he is just like the rest of the Preps. Rude, fake, mean, stupid, liars- 

"I don't think you are a b***h, Sage."

I stop, my hands clench in fists. 

Don't turn around. Don't give in. Don't give in, Sage. Don't fall for it. 

"I know Missy was a b***h to you. I know she made your life a living hell. I know all about the s**t she has put you through. And I'm sorry. I know I don't really know you that well, Sage...but I want to." 

For a minute, we just stay like that. Me, with my back turned, hands clenched in sweaty fists. Him, a few feet away, his words hanging in the air, threatening to suck me in. And I wait...I wait for him to say something else, but all I can hear is the sound of the wind and the sound of the deafening silence that envelopes us. 

Why won't he say something? Why won't he- 

I finally turn around, but when I do, Jeremy is gone. 

 



© 2013 Emma Marie Taylor


Author's Note

Emma Marie Taylor
Please comment and review! THANKS FOR READING:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013
Tags: girl, teen, fiction, mental, disorders, romance, book, stupid, chapter


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing