Chapter I the search

Chapter I the search

A Chapter by Xen enderide
"

the beginning. it may not be clear but wait till the second chapter.

"

                At a remote village a little ruckus stirs about when a madman runs from the field, attracting a crowd

            “RUN! RUN, I SAY!” shouts the man “BA-BANDITS ARE HE-..” he stops in his tracks, his face pale, eyes fading. The other villagers move closer and time appears to slow down, He falls to his knees and topples over to the ground, no one speaks they look with terror in their eyes, a hatchet impaled in his spine. Not far off behind a horseman dressed in armor and fur approaches.

            Before any of them could scream and run. He raises his sword, with a loud growl he shouts “CAPTURE THEM ALL AND FIND THE BOY”. Immediately several foot soldiers and horsemen appears, some of the foot soldiers formed up in a line with bows or cross bows and unleashed a volley of arrows, one by one the villagers fell as arrows and bolts pierce their legs. The foot soldiers continued on beating anyone who crossed their paths and breached the houses capturing or slaughtering those inside. The horsemen encircled the area cutting down any all who tried to escape. As the chaos settled one soldier went up to their leader and kneeled

“General Haldur everyone is now dead or captured” said the soldier

“Have you found him captain?” asked general Haldur

“No my liege the boy isn’t amongst the captured nor the corpse” said the captain

“BLAST IT! Question the prisoners, if they don’t answer heh you know what to do” Haldur commanded 

  “Aye sir” said the captain with a vile, smug look.
         
                At the village square the foot solders gathered the prisoners. The captain signals to one of his soldiers to bring one of the prisoners to him. Mercilessly the solder grabs a young man by the hair, drags him over then throws the man towards the captain. The captain looked down on the lowly peasant for a bit then kneels. “Tell me sir have you seen a boy who stands out as if he was, from another world" asked the captain. The man just lays there pretending to be dead.

            The captain asked again until his patience ran thin. He asks for some rope, a hammer and for the peasant's shoes to be removed. The soldiers tie the man to the post; the captain takes the hammer and walks towards the post cheerfully while humming a tune. The captain suddenly stops a few paces “when I was a child my mother always told me this nursery rhyme I would like to share it with you” he said as he turns around and continues. “This little piggy went to the…. MARKET” as he said that final word he turns around and smashes the man’s pinky toe the man shouted if pain. Sarcastically the captain says “ouch that looked like it hurt now will you tell me what I want to know or shall I go on”. The peasant hesitates a bit then says “I-I don-”           

            “to slow” said the captain crushing the man next toe “ARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!” shouted the man, “and that little piggy stayed home” said the captain mockingly at this point he is already crying “I don’t know, I don’t know anyone like that no one has this is just a small village someone would notice that” the man sobbed. Seeing this, the captain looks at Haldur, the general nods. The captain takes out his knife and sheers of the scalp off the peasant and orders the solders to bring the rest into a house, the villagers just fallow they know no good will come if they try to fight back. Once inside the they all huddled together to give them a sense of safety, some of the soldiers enter and the women close their eyes and hide behind the men thinking that they will be raped. The soldiers took out a large textile and tossed it on top of the remaining villagers after which they heard a loud bang the villagers didn't know what was going on nor did they want to they just stayed under the cloth.

            About a minute passes and nothing has happened the villagers thought the bandits have left; they crawled out of the cloth to look around. Indeed there was no trace of the brutes feeling safe once more they went to the door to see if anyone else manages to survive. It wouldn't budge, that safe feeling that had started to crumble the door was locked from the outside and the windows were boarded up. One of them tried to peek I between the cracks of the door and saw a cold eye of a killer "you didn't think we'd let you out so easily did you? Haha foolish peasants oh will suffer like the rest of the lot" said the captain. Soon after the room became warmer the town’s folk began to bang away at the walls at the door trying to get out. In the commotion something broke through the ceiling there were two men crouching down the villagers froze and looked at them. One gave a wicked grin and said "ti's almost night fall and we wouldn't want you to be cold" then they tossed down a torch as it hit the floor the hay from the roof caught fire and began to spread. "That's not big enough to keep em warm" said the second man “this should do the trick" and so he threw down a bottle of oil, the bottle splattered causing the fire to grow bigger enveloping its surroundings. “Whoops that seems a bit too much well at least you'll die all warm and cozy" the man said as they went down. The villagers inside tried to calm the flame but everything they used just made the fire grow.

Out side Haldur watched the house slowly burn away he signaled to the others it was time to leave and said “leave no trace behind". The men went to the other houses and set them ablaze. As the bandit left the once peaceful village has been engulfed in hells inferno. The horrid blood curling shrieks of the villagers being burnt alive echoed their cries through the valley



© 2014 Xen enderide


Author's Note

Xen enderide
i really would appreciate it of you could read and give me some feed back

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014


Author

Xen enderide
Xen enderide

space



About
free to look around read my works if you wish. my skills as are writer are so and so. I just write if I feel like it or to let my feelings out since I don't tell my feelings to others. the reason .. more..

Writing