THE QUIET

THE QUIET

A Poem by Cassie Fraga
"

Its in the silence we begin to know what we truly feel

"

I don’t like the quiet…

It seems it’s within this soundless

Fact rears up

Half chained

Half awake

Taps you on your shoulder

Starts talking of things you push away

Reminding that you can run from your heart

But can’t hide

Assuring that such purity

Won’t move unless satisfied

I don’t like the quiet…

© 2012 Cassie Fraga


Author's Note

Cassie Fraga
eehhh..... I dunno....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the truth-ness of your words. I don't like the quiet either. As you said, it "Starts talking of things you push away". All the undesirable thoughts decide to emerge into presence and sometimes, it's very torturous. I have often swirled in endless loops of thoughts and found myself crying and facing the facts. However, there are times when the quiet is a savior. Some thoughts need to be thought over, and as hard as it may be, if you manage to make your mind shut up, it's actually the best, most relaxing feeling. I'm still trying to master that.
As for the poem, I enjoyed reading it. There are these eerie feelings, and it seemed very real coming from you, as if you just put your thoughts in words, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


so true Luv, thoughts and feelings become undone, good read Em.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the quiet sometimes. It gives me time to reflect and have a deeper connection (meditation). It allows me to calm myself and find peace but at other times the silence can split my ears and make me long for companionship.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes the "Quiet" can be a double-edged sword... It can be your worst enemy and back you in a corner forcing you to think undesirable thoughts, (may be too much)... Sometimes it can be blissful, and give your mind the rest and healing that it needs. But the silence does have an effect... just a heartbeat away, truth can be revealed. Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


When your soundless and quiet everything hidden inside starts to come out and haunt you in the mind and then you start thinking about it over and over again.
A good read. Lovely write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Emotions conveyed with the twist of words that send a powerful strength to spark in the eye of this reader. You write the last line..."I don't like the quiet", that in itself speaks volumes. When quiet fall upon your mind a reality of thoughts come seeping out of every crevice. Every doubt, every memory held back, every moment lost, all of them creep slowly to the front. But, do not forget that in the quiet is when dreams are realized, fantasy can become reality, the strength of life comes from facing the quiet.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah in the quiet we forced to look at ourselves. Very good verse.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I would say you earn quietness! You face what you are capable to handle. You are being true towards yourself! It shows you the mirror image of what's cooking inside you! It carries the company of yourself to whom you are always honest!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Quiet can be haunting...but sometimes we yearn for it...
love the read :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

878 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2012

Author

Cassie Fraga
Cassie Fraga

WA



About
I AM THE GIRL... 1. I am the girl who people say is a "dreamer" or "over imaginative"... they are correct... I am this way because I like the view from the clouds, my world looks more .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..