DOVE

DOVE

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

This poem is a tribute to the style and thematic concerns of e.e. cummings, a prominent American poet known for his unconventional use of syntax, punctuation, and format. He was also a master of image

"
a) s w(e s-o-a-r)h
igleamingflig
GOREVODASWOL
ingint(o-
aThe):v
eD
!d:
S e
(r
rIvInG .tEeLbBuTfOcOrP)
to
rer(aeb)etirav(noc)gni(e)ly
,dove;

a) s w(e s-o-a-r)h
In these parentheses of flight,
we soar high, defying gravity's might.
igleamingflig
In our gleaming flight,
we transcend ordinary sight.

GOREVODASWOL

Glowing words, backward they flow,
as we delve into the depths of the soul.

ingint(o-
Into the unknown, we venture,
the rhythm of life, a dance we enter.
aThe):v
In the vast expanse, we find the way,
to express ourselves, come what may.

eD
And we discover, enchanted by the art,
the beauty of life, etched in every part.
!d:
Exclaiming our joy with every breath,
we challenge conventions, defying death.

S e
In this symphony of being,
we explore the limits, ever-seeing.
(r
With open hearts, we embrace the unknown,
finding meaning in the seeds we've sown.

rIvInG .tEeLbBuTfOcOrP)
Driven by love, we strive,
to uncover the truth, keep dreams alive.
to
To reach the stars, our destiny,
we soar beyond what others see.

rer(aeb)etirav(noc)gni(e)ly
Silently we observe, turning the page,
enveloped in wisdom, a poet's sage.
,dove;
And like a dove, we fly free,
in the realms of imagination, we find our glee.

:: 01.13.1989 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
Poet's Notes:

This poem is a tribute to the style and thematic concerns of e.e. cummings, a prominent American poet known for his unconventional use of syntax, punctuation, and format. He was also a master of imagery and metaphor, often exploring themes of love, nature, and the transcendence of the individual spirit.

This poem utilizes an unusual formatting and arrangement of words, reminiscent of cummings' visual poetry. It is a celebration of the freedom and transcendence achievable through poetry and the creative process. It's an exploration of the poet's journey - their soaring flight of imagination, their diving into the depths of the soul, their wrestling with the unknown and the vast expanse of life's experiences, their discovery of beauty and joy, and their unending quest for truth and meaning.

"a) s w(e s-o-a-r)h / igleamingflig" - The poem begins with the image of soaring or flying, symbolizing the freedom and transcendence offered by poetry. The poet, like a bird, defies gravity (limitations, conventions) and soars into the realms of imagination.

"GOREVODASWOL / ingint(o-" - This section suggests the exploration of the inner depths, 'GOREVODASWOL' being 'SLOW AS A DOVE ROG' backwards. The poet delves deep into the soul, further exploring the unknown.

"aThe):v / eD" - The poet finds a path to express themselves amidst life's vast expanse. Discovering beauty in all parts of life, the poet is enchanted by the art of poetry.

"!d: / S e" - The joy and exhilaration of the poetic process are underscored here. The poet challenges conventions and defies mortality through the immortal nature of their words.

"(r / rIvInG .tEeLbBuTfOcOrP)" - This section could refer to the creative process being driven by love and a desire to uncover truth and keep dreams alive. The poet embraces the unknown and finds meaning in their work.

"to / rer(aeb)etirav(noc)gni(e)ly" - This passage emphasizes the poet's role as an observer and a sage, silently absorbing experiences, and turning them into wisdom.

",dove;" - The poem ends with the image of a dove, a common symbol for peace, purity, and freedom. The poet, like a dove, finds joy in the realms of imagination.

Overall, the poem is a celebration of the creative process, the power of poetry, and the human spirit's capacity to transcend ordinary reality and explore the depths of the soul. It is a fitting tribute to e.e. cummings' style and thematic concerns.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 13, 2023
Last Updated on May 13, 2023
Tags: abstract, words, thoughts, meaning, surreal

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing