How Do Rocks Walk?

How Do Rocks Walk?

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

The poem begins with a series of thought-provoking questions that touch upon the mysteries of nature and the human experience. By asking how rocks walk and how pain drains, I attempt to engage the rea

"
How Do Rocks Walk?" 

How does pain drain?

Is it all contained within a limited brain?

And yes yes if air could breath

It shall never deceive 

Upon the path of incredible dreams 

It seems it seems that those of us who never dream 

how could the clouds weep and rain?

I asked a flower full of red and yellow

And it stayed in place while I gazed, amazed:

One of its petals turned to the east beyond the meadow, 

across the fields toward a river that spoke and babbled

And there within my sight, I saw a figural whose shape 

was as a heart of mind. 

A torrential eddy  swallowed the soul of mine. 

The Great Divine

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
[After having written and shared my poems across the Internet I feel good now, to explain my poems]

The line, "Is it all contained within a limited brain?" delves into existential themes, exploring the boundaries of human understanding and questioning the extent to which our minds can grasp the complexities of existence.

The following lines, "And yes yes if air could breathe, It shall never deceive," introduce a hypothetical scenario that attributes a sense of trustworthiness to the natural world. It suggests that if the air had the ability to breathe like living beings, it would possess an inherent honesty.

The poem then shifts to the realm of dreams, where the path of incredible dreams is discussed. It implies that those who never dream may fail to comprehend the emotional depth and beauty that the natural world, symbolized by the weeping clouds and rain, can evoke.

The encounter with a flower full of red and yellow portrays the speaker's awe and fascination. The flower's stillness and vibrant colors captivate the observer, creating a moment of enchantment.

The line, "One of its petals turned to the east beyond the meadow, and across the fields toward a river that spoke and babbled," adds a touch of whimsy and magical realism to the scene. The movement of the petal and the presence of a talking river contribute to the mystical atmosphere.

Within my sight, a figurative object is witnessed, resembling a heart of the mind. This evocative description suggests a deeper meaning, alluding to the interconnectedness of thoughts and emotions, and the profound nature of introspection.

The poem concludes with the line, "A torrential eddy swallowed the soul of mine." This image carries a sense of intensity and emotional turmoil. It hints at a transformative experience my soul is engulfed by a powerful force, leaving room for interpretation and reflection.

Overall, your poem combines introspection, philosophical questions, and vivid imagery to create a sense of wonder and contemplation. The juxtaposition of natural elements and human emotions contributes to a rich and thought-provoking piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

with a heavy foot i think, not afraid to make a mark. who's going to argue otherwise? very thoreauesque. as my muse wrote long ago, "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." along with, "Live the life you've imagined." nature doesn't lie and neither should we (not even to ourselves). the difference between us and nature is free will. it doesn't have a choice, we do ... :)

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

11 Months Ago

Appreciate your comments so much! Thank you kindly!



Reviews

Dear, E.P. Robles (Emergency Registry) LOL
Just wanted t say, that many of thoughts comr to mind from your poem,
You askd two questions, one of the rock, and the other pain.
A little inconclusive, (forgive me to say). I love the story line within the prose,
sincerely, a maladaptive, injustice to a maiden who lies in the grass, bruised, and a trailiing leaflet.
Then comes your love, and a succle (my interpretation). LOL Forgive me as to say, it might all be mistook. But your words are so diligently obie that it led me to say. I woul love to say more, but space is all disday. Great write, ----1809 Black Plague December

Posted 11 Months Ago


with a heavy foot i think, not afraid to make a mark. who's going to argue otherwise? very thoreauesque. as my muse wrote long ago, "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." along with, "Live the life you've imagined." nature doesn't lie and neither should we (not even to ourselves). the difference between us and nature is free will. it doesn't have a choice, we do ... :)

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

11 Months Ago

Appreciate your comments so much! Thank you kindly!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2023
Last Updated on May 19, 2023
Tags: abstract, words, love, expression

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Body Body

A Poem by John Sullivan