17th May, 2014

17th May, 2014

A Story by Anushka

We are constantly searching, trying to discover a part of ourselves that we know exists but never encountered before. Some seek this in other people and some in places, but this inevitable search has always been a constant. It has been that way since dust became flesh and breaths became life. You see, we search with our starving hands; starving to the point where we are now numb to the agony and pain that we once tried to escape. We grasp at anything that we believe can help us discover ourselves; uncover that sparkle that we believe exists within us all. But I truly think that this search, this constant torture that we put ourselves through is just so that we can feel. Because to feel even a piercing agony is better than to feel nothing at all, for this numb feeling dissolves any desire or will to live and god, we need to know that the efforts of our beating hearts and expanding lungs have not been in vain; that every second, or moment that we have pushed ourselves beyond what we thought we were capable of, has not been in vain. We strive to live and not just survive. And sometimes, if we’re lucky, our paths intertwine with those of another misplaced soul who too is invariably a part of this crazed pursuit to attain what we believe is happiness. And suddenly, we don’t feel so alone anymore.

© 2014 Anushka


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014

Author

Anushka
Anushka

Writing
20th June 20th June

A Story by Anushka


18th May 18th May

A Story by Anushka


Untitled 2 Untitled 2

A Story by Anushka