8 words of Being

8 words of Being

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


8 words of Being

 

 

 

love is

an acclimation

to the changing weather...

 

 

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

9/22/19

© 2019 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So much said in this short one, Jacob. Yes, love is ever-changing and those who learn to roll with the punches are the ones who end up happy. Lydi**

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you, lydi.
j.
Certainly seems to be that way. Not so bad if it is in keeping with the progression of the climate, in keeping with the cycle, but constant changing could be exhausting.
Laura

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

yes, it can be...thank you, Laura,
j.
Acclimation, this word fell like rain for the soil that is this poem. Climate is a changing, always has been, and how insightful the seasons that pass are.

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful words, Mark,
j.
J,
After thinking over this one . . . I believe you have a good point. Love has it's calm sunny days when we lay around together soaking in the rays of each other's affection, while often we see storm clouds brewing, but never believe it will come this far . . . only to be caught in a downpour of stinging rain as we rush for cover, almost daring our lover to take the only dry space on earth . . . being too selfish to share. Shivering in the shadows we may come to our senses and realize there is plenty of room under the large umbrella of mutual appreciation.
T

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

such an insightful review, Tom...
thank you,
j.
Nice piece of brevity which contains much wisdom. If you can't deal with a bit of inclement weather from time to time then there's not much hope for a lasting relationship. Yes you have to deal with the heat as well as the frost and in a timely fashion :)

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, Chris.
j.
I can never acclimatise. Its either sunburn or frostbite for me Jacob. Honestly, if this goes on much longer, I'm going to have to accept that in some minor way, it may be something I'm doing, or not, as the case me be.
If only those little minxes would tell us what we're doing wrong. Oh wait, they do. Of only they didn't 😀
Less is certainly more here Jacob. It feels like we can fill in our own blanks with this one and surmise that they are either all the same, or maybe we know the same people.
Love it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you for your sharing and kind words, Lorry,
j.
Jacob! Jacob! You're and old fart like me and though this is nice, we both know that LOVE is soooooo much more.

Take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

ha ha...experience can make us so jaded...
thanks, Dave,
j.
Dave

4 Years Ago

Okay - that also is soooooo true!

Take care - Dave
skillful how you got it in. we must adapt to the ever changing conditions. sort of like a survival of the fittest or being prepared for that which may come be it welcomed or naught... :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Pete,
j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2019
Last Updated on September 22, 2019

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Musing of Me A Musing of Me

A Poem by ...