fruits of labor (or the fly on the wall)

fruits of labor (or the fly on the wall)

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

fruits of labor (or the fly on the wall)

 

 

do we impeach

the impaired

impolitely,

with impunity

 

or remove

the redundant

when the reclusive spider

revolves around a web

 

of deceit

decoying truth

with decorative

delineation

 

and a decorum

designed

to redirect ....

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

12/11/19

© 2019 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought of your President here Jacob. For me these words had a political slant. He is not a great orator and his language skills leave much to be desired. For many he isn't a great President either and I cringe when he tweets. I am sure many others do too. However, we have to make the most of what we have while we have it. Everything comes to an end in due course. Some endings are quicker than others. That's where I travelled to.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

kind of an allegory here. but yes, the springboard...you got it...a Tweeting president...he should h.. read more
The word impeach does lead my mind immediately to the state of affairs in the US. So much of language has been hijacked and transformed during these last few years that I think certain words or ideas will hold on to the connotations.

But, I saw this as more of a love or relationship poem--which you excel at and always bring fresh imagery to. Splitting the relationship with grace and at a time when it best serves is perhaps not an easy thing. Relationships carry such emotional baggage it can be difficult to step outside the emotion arena and stop fighting for a dead cause.

I suppose this could apply to any relationship where there are emotions and perhaps deceitfulness involved. Sometimes it takes a minute for us to get our bearings, but it seems the truth of things will hit us full on eventually. We can only hope we will know and understand how to proceed before things get too out of hand. Great alliteration and some hard words here (both in sound and meaning) that get to the heart of the discomfort and difficulty of the decision.

Great work, Jacob.

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you for what you saw in this piece, Eilis...that there is more than meets the eye...yes, langu.. read more
I love the alliteration in this one j. It illustrates the fact that there are no winners in what passes for politics these days, either in the States or here in Canada...and now the Speaker is saying elections are too important to leave to the voters?
What is the alternative? Nominating your favourite Democrat...Nadler...Schiff...Clinton to be voted on by the House with the deciding vote gavelled by the Speaker. Isn't that how it's done in Russia?
Sad really don't you think? We have become irrelevant to the ones we elected.

Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

yes, so much in-fighting....although i was also thinking in terms of relationships too...
but.. read more
A strong political message of our current jostle of power between the two parties and the branches of power. No one is above the law for sure but we with clear evidence for impeachment. It might pass in the Congress but not in the Senate. So we go back either to the dream for his supporters or the nightmare for his opponents. Take a pick. Lol


Posted 4 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

thank you, Sami,
j.
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

You are welcome sir.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2019
Last Updated on December 12, 2019

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing