Psalm of Myself

Psalm of Myself

A Story by Emily Grace
"

Psalm 107 (NIV), modified into my own words using my own experiences. This is my personal Hebrews 11, I will grow my faith by remembering what good has already been done by my loving God.

"
God is good.  Look back to remember and build upon your faith: God has delivered me from the Enemy and from the farthest reaches of my life.  God is with me in all places.
God has delivered me from peer pressure and from feeling like I was alone.  I was wandering lost, I was confused and ashamed.  So I cried out to the LORD in my trouble, and He showed me the path.  He led me out of their blinding influence to a place where I was happy and fulfilled.  Praise to my God and his unfailing love and for his mercy and kindness.  He comforts the lonely and guides the lost.
10 Once I sat in fear and shame, hiding my faults and despising my failures.  I hid myself from God and would not turn my ear toward his promises.  I soon hated everything about this beautiful creation.  But I cried out to my God is despair, and he saved me from myself.  He took me away from the lies of the Evil once and filled me with his joy.  I thank the LORD for his never ending grace; for he does wonderful thinks for his people. Let them boast in their weaknesses for he is strong!
17 At times, I lived like a fool and filled my time with mindless procrastination.  My emotions and relationships became stagnant, and my purpose for life disappeared from my eyes.  I became apathetic towards the Spirit and the sustenance from my Savior.  But when I turned toward Christ in my depression, he sent out his joy and saved me from my darkness.  God's power healed me; he rescued me from my wide and curving path.  Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love forces out all impostors and makes me overflow with joy.
23 I began to rely more on myself but soon was swept away in the current of worldly and selfish desires.  I knew the promises of his Kingdom but confused them for my own search for pleasure and quickly chased after my own lusts.  I noticed how far from his plan I had wandered and lost hope.  But in my desperation, I called to my God and he saved me from my iniquity.  He quieted my earthly desires and cleaned my broken flesh.  I was excited to see my heart change and return to Redeemer's plan.  I praise you, Father, for your kindness and mercy!  The sacrifices for mankind are great and abundant.  I will never be finished thanking you.
33 He has allowed my happiness to wither, my prosperity to cease; he allowed me to suffer because so he could point out my wickedness to me when I was no longer distracted.  Then he turned my anxiety into peace, my turmoil into reconciled wisdom.  He turned my pride into humility and my despair into joy.  He fed me his precious fruit and helped me grow.  He blessed me and adopted me into his kingdom.  He does not let me go.
39 He continues to teach me and humble me, show me his path and my identity in Him.  He wages war against my sin so I may wholeheartedly believe and declare the Goodness of my God.  He breathes life and sincerity into me and boosts my faith until I overflow.  His other children see and rejoice with me; let them look back and trust in his holy ways.
43 Let the wise learn from these experiences and remember the loving deeds of the Mighty God.

Amen.

© 2016 Emily Grace


Author's Note

Emily Grace
Ignore the mistakes. This was a spur-of-the-moment, creative, cathartic exercise written at 2am.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Those 2am mumblings and grumblings are often our most divine :)

Great work!

Now, in the spirit of excellence, I feel inspired to continue this type of creative flow on some other chapters too.....like 1 Cor 13, Romans 8, Ps 23, Isaiah 61, John 17, Philippians 4......:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully done. I can identify with this in so many ways. And also, the concept of personalizing a psalm by incorporating your own experiences and modifying it as such is brilliant. Thanks for writing this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Those 2am mumblings and grumblings are often our most divine :)

Great work!

Now, in the spirit of excellence, I feel inspired to continue this type of creative flow on some other chapters too.....like 1 Cor 13, Romans 8, Ps 23, Isaiah 61, John 17, Philippians 4......:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016
Tags: Christianity, found poetry, almost, psalm, personal, testimony

Author

Emily Grace
Emily Grace

Pennsville, NJ



About
English, Secondary Ed Major. more..

Writing