Another Day at Work

Another Day at Work

A Story by E. Sanchez
"

I happen to encounter some stranger at work, at night....it really was just another day at work.

"

It seemed like a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. 
I found myself rushing to work having just finished dinner and I always hate being late. You can call it a pet peeve of mine. Anyways, I made my way to work, relieving the other of her post and taking my seat behind the desk. What exactly is my job? I work at a library, so my job is to put books back and make sure they are organized. I also have to help people find books and answer questions that they have. 

I think that most of the time I don’t really answer the questions….what can you do about it? Besides wanting to try and take my job but I am sure that you won’t, right? No, I am not threatening you at all.
You want me to put the book down? Oh sorry, didn’t realize I was holding it up like that.
Where was I?

Right, so I was sitting behind the desk. I was trying to do homework, while listening to music….and sure, I was surfing the net a bit because everyone deserves a break. 

That night, it was raining….to be honest, there was a tempest raging outside and I swear I heard the wind howling about eating us poor college students. I seriously think that a number of students disappeared that night….but hey, no one believes me. Don’t look at me like that! Do you want me to get that book again? That is what I thought.


Alright, so there was a storm going on, and I was sure that all those people walking outside, at least, I hope they were real people, must have been crazy to be outside. 

I kept peering out the huge window pane, since the whole floor was pretty much windows, with barely any actual walls. 
I kept seeing flashes, and it was kind of freaking me out. Yes, I am getting to the weird part. 

This guy came up into the library. 
He was stout, and on the heavy side. He was almost perfectly round! And he wore a blue jacket, with almost a lack of hair. He did not look like any security person I knew, or any other personnel I had seen around campus before. 
“I heard that there were lights on the library, and I was sent to make sure that people were here. If not I would turn off the lights.” 

That is what he said. Which I found odd, because it was a Thursday night, and everyone should know by now that we close until 11 pm most of the week. That had never happened before, so it was weird to have someone come in that one time. 
I was confused, but said I was here and he nodded and left. I was definitely weirded out, but I had my music and homework to do, and the homework definitely won the prize for the most important thing to focus on. 

I didn’t see the guy again for the rest of the night, or for the rest of the semester. 
I told my boss but she said that it definitely sounded sketchy and that she would ask and tell security about it. As well as the other employees, just to be safe. 
I was like….so…I may have been in some danger? Huh. 

I shrugged and departed because I had to head to class. 

Yes, that was a weird day at workplace, especially cause no one but me was there that night. Or was one person there? Sometimes I forget, hardly people go because obviously art is lame to them. Honestly! It angers me when they….oh, right, that is a story for another time! 

© 2011 E. Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011
Tags: day at work

Author

E. Sanchez
E. Sanchez

About
Hello! I am not an avid reader or writer, but I do enjoy both! I started with writing fanfiction and I still do, but I have just started fiction. It is for this reason that I am here, to better .. more..

Writing