Night is for Lovers

Night is for Lovers

A Story by E. Sanchez
"

Music was her life, but sometimes, there was a hidden message under that music.

"
Her fingers caressed the porcelain keys, eliciting soft moans from the ebony piano. The music resounded through the room, the piece going into a crescendo as her hands sped, hands seeming to barely touch the keys. 
Her face was flushed, eyes shut tight as her whole being focused on the notes coming from the piano. 
~
Sweat glistened down her forehead, breathing coming out in pants. Her blood was pulsating and heart felt like it was about to burst. 
Strands of her hair had fallen down in front of her face, sticking to her cheeks. Heat radiated from the bodies around her. Nothing mattered. The beat resonated across her causing her skin to tingle. She was on fire, and she couldn’t get enough of it. 
~
Her tongue ran over her lips, wetting them as she stood there, light shining down upon her. It was blinding. She couldn’t hear anything pass the pounding of her heart. But suddenly, the beats were counted and she started her song. She grasped the microphone between her hands, eyes closed for the first few seconds, before she grabbed the microphone free from the stand. She belted the song, her blood pumping. 
~
She ran down the streets, legs beginning to hurt. She could feel them straining, but she kept on pushing. Her lungs were screaming for more air. She kept on pushing. The sirens were so far away by now, but she knew she was not safe yet. No not yet. She smirked as she jumped over a short wall, landing in a kneeling position, panting as she listened for the squad cars. In the distance she heard them. She laughed and sprinted off again, her laughter echoing through the night. 
~
She smirked as she saw him, walk towards her, gun in hand. Oh, did he not know that he was safer at a distance. The moment he was close enough her leg went up, kicking the gun from his hand. She immediately rush forward, tackling the man down, pining him down, her own gun pressed against his chin. His eyes were wide with fear and it made her laugh. She bent down, her breath ghosting over his face, before licking his cheek. 
“Ciao.” She whispered, before jumping up and running into the night. 
~
The song ended with a strong resounding note, the echoes bouncing back to her. She licked her chapped lips, eyes slowly opening. Her lips formed into an amused smile, caressing the keys ever so softly, before closing the lid on them. She pushed back on the stool and stood up. 

© 2011 E. Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011
Tags: music, secret

Author

E. Sanchez
E. Sanchez

About
Hello! I am not an avid reader or writer, but I do enjoy both! I started with writing fanfiction and I still do, but I have just started fiction. It is for this reason that I am here, to better .. more..

Writing