Leave Room for Discord

Leave Room for Discord

A Chapter by E. Sanchez
"

Eris was not one to take being ignored sitting down, and Greece would forever remember it.

"

She laughed maniacally, leaning back on her black velvet chaise. She sipped from her wine glass, the dark red liquid resembled blood, staining her lips a dark red. 

The battlefield was her favorite place to be, among all the dead. She even sometimes saw the King himself, coming up for a honorable soul. It didn’t occur often, but she always enjoyed seeing her uncle come around. 

If he wasn’t so loyal to his wife, she would have tried to seduce him already. Alas, nothing that she ever did would take him away from his Queen. 

She let out another burst of laughter as she thought of her uncle and his lack of love, even while married, to her sister nonetheless! Discord wondered what would happen if she suddenly began chasing after her uncle, would her half-sister care?! 
Oh, just the thought of the chaos that could create made Discord giddy. 

However, at the moment, she was bemoaning the lack of war! Things had become so boring, her brother was probably having too much fun with the Goddess of Love. It wasn’t chaos enough for her, no….she needed blood.  
She stood up and walked out of her temple, glancing down unto the earth. She sneered as she saw people laughing and dancing. How disgusting! 
She couldn’t stomach so much happiness and joy. 

Something caught her eye. There was a wedding party…..of the great Peleus and Thetis! And Discord was not invited?! 
She growled, crushing the wine cup in her hand, wine dripping down her arm unto the floor, staining everything red. They thought they could get away with not inviting her?! To the great wedding of Peleus and Thetis. 

No, they did not want Discord, but, that is what they would get. She flipped her pitch black hair back, before storming into her temple, the black fabric of her tunic swirling around her. 

She wore a sinister smile as she stopped at the chaise she was sitting at, picking up a radiant golden apple. They dared not invite her, they would all suffer for it. No one in the world would escape from her wrath. 

She clutched the apple tightly in her hands, suddenly disappearing and appearing at the wedding.

The music, laughter and dancing stopped. Everyone stood still as they watched Discord take a step forward, smirking evilly, eyes glinting with excitement. 

“I believe this calls for a gift,” Discord hissed, presenting the golden apple, before dropping it and letting roll on the floor. It stopped right in front of the main three goddesses. Discord let out a bark of laughter before vanishing. 

‘to the fairest’

Discord appeared back in her temple, her laughter bouncing of the walls of her temple. Yes, things were soon going to get interesting! She couldn’t wait!! 

She walked back to her chaise and laid upon it, creating for herself a glass full of red wine. Soon, she would be called back onto the battlefield, now all she had to do was wait just a little bit more. 

Hmm….maybe she could create some trouble for her half-sister in the meantime?! 

Discord cackled.



© 2011 E. Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 16, 2011
Tags: greek, mythology, eris, discord, troy, illiad


Author

E. Sanchez
E. Sanchez

About
Hello! I am not an avid reader or writer, but I do enjoy both! I started with writing fanfiction and I still do, but I have just started fiction. It is for this reason that I am here, to better .. more..

Writing