Winter's Heartache

Winter's Heartache

A Chapter by E. Sanchez
"

Hades goes to see the man that was dear to his Queen's heart, Adonis.

"
Light brown eyes stared into the darkness, seeing every shadow and figure, clearly. Nothing could hide from him, not in his domain. 

He remained standing there, soft cool air shifting his robes from side to side. It seemed that his nephew was creating what he knew best…war. 

He shook his head, causing his raven black hair to shift from side to side. Sometimes, it felt as if the wars never stopped; time didn’t affect him at all, not down in the darkness. 

The darkness began to fade as he resumed his journey, light shining upon his ebony hair and pale skin. It was not earth; it was not the light of his brother. This light and life came from somewhere else; somewhere that was still part of death and darkness. The trees and flowers bloomed; souls laughed and chattered eagerly to each other. Yes, it was a beautiful scene, fit for any krater or fresco. 
Who would believe that such a scene could be found in his kingdom? 

Suddenly, a soul walked over to him. 
For a moment, the King was breathless, taking in the beauty of the figure before him. 
He had always known that this boy before him was the epitome of beauty; however, for the first time, he understood his queen. 

There stood a boy, with olive green eyes that shown with strength and confidence; the boy’s long caramel hair sparkled and framed his face, a face with sharp cheek bones and a strong chin. The King found himself itching to touch the soft olive skin, it wasn’t marred by anything, and not even the boar’s wound on his leg was visible anymore. Yes, the boy before him was perfection. 

How could his queen not fall for such a boy? A boy was that full of life at some point, and even now, in death, he still shone with vigor; unlike the Queen’s husband. 

No, the King couldn’t compare with his own ebony hair, chocolate eyes, and pale creamy skin. 

It hurt the King, to look upon the face of the boy, who had captured his Queen’s heart. He wished he could hurt the boy, wished he could torture him and make him feel the heartache he was feeling. However, he was the Just; the boy deserved to be there, because he had done nothing wrong, and for a while, his Kore had been happy. 

“You really are beautiful, Adonis. A Kouros to my Kore.” The King muttered, his eyes never leaving those of Adonis’. 
“May your underworld stay, be a pleasant one.” He muttered to Adonis, before turning and walking out of Elysium. 

His Queen, would never look at him the way she looked at Adonis. He would forever remain that which she hated. Her eyes would never melt for him and her lips will never quirk into a smile. He had taken her and this was his punishment. No matter how much it hurt, to feel the hatred, it hurt even more not seeing her…
His Kore…
His Queen. ..


© 2011 E. Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 16, 2011
Tags: hades, persephone, adonis, greek, mythology


Author

E. Sanchez
E. Sanchez

About
Hello! I am not an avid reader or writer, but I do enjoy both! I started with writing fanfiction and I still do, but I have just started fiction. It is for this reason that I am here, to better .. more..

Writing