The Problem

The Problem

A Story by esioul
"

...3rd year high school influence. haha. I've written this two years ago....Sorry.

"

They're everywhere.

Surrounding you and everyone else.
Hiding behind the masks they put on everyday.
You don't know who they are and what they do.  They're everywhere. It can be your closest friend or even the person sitting beside you.
It can be someone you passed by while walking at the corridors.
It can be someone who sits quiet in your classroom or even someone who talks much.
Its just like an epidemic. Sweeping down the minds of people. Brainwashing everyone. Steering their control over the lives they had been lended.

They can do it anywhere, and anytime they want to. Some do it to fit in. To belong in a group where they can be part of. While others do it to feel...good. To feel numb and to hide their pains and sorrows. To simply forget the problems they are set upon and blaming God for doing such things to them.

They do it behind everyone else who doesn't know. Away from those who think this thing is bad. Hiding secretively and never telling a soul about what, how and why they did it. They do it with everyone else who think that this badness is good...because to them...it is good.

But there are times that they don't keep it quiet. They brag and tell people aloud about their new meeting regarding this "thing", Trying to make a big deal out of this nothingness. They fell somewhat mighty when they talk about what this wachammallit and brag about when they will do it again.

I asked some what they get from this and why. Answering me with big grins, they say, "Iba kasi eh..."

They can talk more openly and more freely when they use it. They loosen up. They become what they want to be without doubt nor restrictions to what they can do. They have conversations like they never had before.

Do they really need this? Do they need to do this whenever they want to have conversations about their feelings? Is poisoning oneself a part of their happiness? So that they can forget the pain they feel guilty about and try to drown their weary souls to oblivion?

Doing this is common to adu lts, but to teenagers, it isn't. And we have to stop it before it does. Before it's too late.

Have you figured out what it is?

 

Teenage Drinking

© 2008 esioul


Author's Note

esioul
I'm not that impressed with what I've written before, but I just want to hear comments from you. My classmates and teachers don't care about my writings anyway...so I thought about posting this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow!!
this is amazing!!! i love it :D
i dont understand that your classmates and teachers dont care??? thats crazy!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

esioul
esioul

Makati, Philippines



About
I am an incoming 3rd year student at the Polytechnic Univ. of the Philippines in Manila. I am seventeen. :) more..

Writing
Vanity Hair Vanity Hair

A Poem by esioul


The Attic The Attic

A Story by esioul