The Feast

The Feast

A Story by Ethan

  I can feel the forest’s willowy breeze tickle my neck. Her trees creakily yearn for our connection once again, yet this call feels stronger than any before. I know not what else she could need from me, save the very bones beneath my dry, fragile skin. Terrible, yet beautiful; powerful, but compassionate; her woodland contains both my highest aspirations and most grievous short comings. 


  Getting up from my brown, brittle rocking chair, I advance once again toward the mouth of her dark jungle as she implores me to come quicker with each painful step. Fighting through sharp thickets of thorns, I lose sight of the sun overhead. A horrid heartbeat throbs in my ears as I run to our old, familiar clearing (now black) in which we first met all those years ago. Beautifully radiant, my blossom was. Never had I seen such a woman so pure and dangerous. Fear had clouded my head, but she soothed my brain as though petting a cat.


  Now, instead of a heartbeat, her shrill, screaming commands repeatedly pummel my ear drums. I fall in the center of her swirling leaves, a tornado of green and brown forming around my supine body. This feels strange. The forest is hungrier than before, and foreseeing the terrible event about to take place, I leap up and charge the solid, rotating wall of foliage to no avail. I hear the familiar whisper of her voice speaking sweetly as she did our first day together. “Do not be afraid. I am here, you are here. We will be one soon enough, my dear. Do not resist. The process is painful but the reward sweet as dew and honey.” Her soft words lull me to sleep and I fall on my back once again. 


  Slowly, the leafy whirlwind lifts me in the air, revolving around me as though I were the eye of a dark storm. The wall turns faster, constantly increasing in speed when finally my blossom tears the flesh from my body until there is nothing of me left but pearl white sticks. Taking them in her formless, airy hand, my love distributes the bones throughout her mysterious wood, planting me again, waiting until I grow strong enough to connect with her once again.

© 2017 Ethan


Author's Note

Ethan
I'm not really sure how to go about writing stories and such. I focus more on poetry, so any reviews would be greatly appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is pretty amazing my friend. Love the woodland-nocturnal-creatures-turned-pagan-wiccan feel it gives off. It is short and it does feel as though it could use a little more plot (that may be more of my own personal neuroses, I don't have too strong an affinity for short stories) but overall, spectacular; it glitters like a gem around other short stories I've read.

Excellent work, I hope the quality of work you pump out continues.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ethan

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

Interesting.....you really describe the scenes very well...

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is not bad, its really good, I know that you mentioned that your more into poetry than stories but this is actually really good!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Holyyy crap. This is so good! Every piece you write is better than the last.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ethan

6 Years Ago

Aw thankss

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

870 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2017
Last Updated on June 15, 2017
Tags: story, super short story

Author

Ethan
Ethan

TX



About
I try to get to read requests, but if you really need help just dm me. more..

Writing
Ascent Ascent

A Poem by Ethan


Runnings Runnings

A Poem by Ethan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Madman The Madman

A Poem by Ethan


Darling Fair Darling Fair

A Poem by Ethan