Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous

[Chapter one]

I checked the calendar as soon as I opened my eyes, only seven days left for my birthday, daddy promised to take me to the amusement park, I waited a lot for that day and finally it is coming soon.

Let me introduce myself, I’m melody, people call me “Mel”, I live with my dad who is a detective, I don’t really remember anything about my mother except that she was very sick when I was about two years old and she passed away.

Every day I go to school, then I go home and have lunch, then I wait for my father to have dinner together, usually he comes late so I have dinner by myself too, my father never forgets to call me to say that he will be late, that is why I forgive him for not spending time with me, his caring, thinking that I’m always on his mind and the regret in his voice that he can’t be here with me makes me feel his love, since I’m alone most of times, I can do the house work all alone, I can cook good meals too despite me being nine years old.

My father is detective, his job is tough, that is why I forgive him for being late, sometimes I hate that, because I really feel alone, but I have to respect his decisions and the love for his job too.

I can’t really help but feel excited whenever I remember that I will go out with my father soon, it really warms my heart up and makes me feel excited and I’m sure he feel the same as me too.

[1/5/2005]:

It is the day, I woke up full of energy and I felt more energetic as I saw that my father is there not only that, but he had also prepared a good looking breakfast for us, we chatted about lots of things, then I went to dress up for that beautiful outing.

We arrived there, I was really amazed, I don’t remember coming here in a long time, my father bought for me some delicious food, we played a lot, it was really amazing day full of love, happiness and laughter, I sat on some bench, my father went to buy some ice-cream for us, it was still around 6 pm, I noticed that he was kind of late so I decided to go to where he was, I saw him then I started to walk towards him, it seems like he was talking to someone on his phone, it wasn’t really intended to eavesdrop on him, but it happened.

“Must I really come now?”

“Okay, just give me an hour and I will be there”

“Yes, sure”

I wished that I didn’t hear anything, I knew that he had to go, I know that it was his work and such, but it was my birthday too, can’t I have my father for just a day, I wished that such things like cell phones didn’t exist, I wished that there could be no one in this world except for me and my father, I know I’m being too selfish, but my heart was in deep pain.

“Mel, are you here my dear? “

“yes, dad”

“Here is your ice-cream, I brought you strawberry, I know it was your favorite”

“Dad, thank you so much “

“Do you know something, It was your mother’s favorite too”

“I know, it makes me love strawberry even more”

“Mel, …..”

“You heard my conversation, right? “

“Hmmm, I’m sorry, but yes”

“I…”

“No need for explanations dad, I deeply understand that”

“Mel, I will compensate you later for sure, thank you for growing up as such an amazing child”

“Dad, I love you”

We went back to my father’s car and we started chatting again on our way to home to drop me back.

“What was my mother like? “

“She was such a lovable lady, she was kind, very kind, actually her kindness could drown the whole world, she was very caring, I don’t really know what to say, but I wouldn’t finish how she was in even a whole year”

“Even though, I heard about this a lot, but I can’t help but feel the urge to listen about here more and more again, every time feels like it is the first time”

“I know that you’d grow up to be such a great lady like her”

I smiled at this, saying that I’d grow up to be like my father is an amazing thing to me.

“A Cake, I will definitely come early with a cake to end this beautiful day in a beautiful way”

“oh dad…”

“Having you in my life is the greatest reward ever Mel, I love you and I’m always proud of you, no matter what”

I started to get emotional, it is my first time to see my father talking in such an emotional way.

“ Having you as a father is the greatest thing ever, dad, I love you”

We arrived at our home, dad hugged me tightly, he kissed my forehead.

“Happy tenth birthday, my beautiful young lady, may you always be happy and successful, I love you “

I hugged him back

“Be careful and don’t worry about me, I will wait for you”

He waved at me then he went back to the car to go to his work.


chapter two ==> " "



© 2017 Lilly_Joyous


Author's Note

Lilly_Joyous
That was supposed to be posted before but somehow it disappeared

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on June 18, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Crime, Murder, Criminal, Murderer, Family


Author

Lilly_Joyous
Lilly_Joyous

Cairo, Africa, Egypt



About
I have a passion towards writing more..

Writing