[Chapter Six]

[Chapter Six]

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous

After getting introduced to each other and getting to know some of the atmosphere of working at the police station, here came our first case, or to be specific, my first case..

A 30s woman was found killed at her home, we went to her home and searched the whereabouts, nothing was out of normal, nothing was stolen, nothing was broken, it is like she was the target here..

“Melody and Neil, find information about the woman, her connections and whereabouts, Norton Wolf and Yuri, check the CCTVs around the neighborhood” said Mr. John our leader.

“Howard and I will search the house one more time, check with the forensics and find more about the body “ continued Mr. John .

“Howard?” Yuri and me asked curiously?

“Ah, I think I forgot to tell you about him, he is your senior, he is on a mission outside the town, he might have arrived by now, I will go get him” said Mr. John.

“You better get the case solved by tonight or endure what would happen” he said as he was making his way through the door.

“but, I don’t want to pair up with him..” I whispered to myself

“Neither do I” said that Neil guy

Yuri and Norton Wolf went on their way, to be honest, I didn’t know how would I deal with that rude person with me..

“Let’s start by asking the neighbors first and start by the one who called the police” I suggested

No response was heard from his as expected, we just moved towards the next door, I knocked on the door, an old woman appeared, I told her that we are from the police, we entered her house, she served us tea, then we started asking our questions.

“How was the deceased living?” I asked

“She was well mannered and quiet, she moved here from about 10 years ago, she rarely lives her house, she goes to the market weekly to buy what she needs, Friday, every Friday she does that, she came by here from time to time, to give me her monthly rent and to say hello, other than that, I don’t think that there is anything she does outside her home other than that”

“How did you discover her body” asked Neil

“ Friday passed and she hasn’t come out at all, I thought she might be ill, three days passed and there was no sound at all, I don’t know, but sound of footsteps, smell of food, sound of music was heard, that is a normal thing for anyone who is living, but somehow, no sound were heard for the next three days, so I started to get worried, first she didn’t come out on Friday, then no sound at all, I decided to knock her door, maybe she is very ill and in deep need of help, I knocked and knocked, but there was nothing at all…”

“How were you so su…” I was about to ask when Neil cut me..

“She might have gone out, why do you think that she didn’t at all?” asked Neil

“I am an old woman who wakes up on 5 am, I don’t really move a lot as you can see due to my poor health, I just sit like that in front of my door opened, or I sit in front of the shop downstairs that I own, so I can’t miss anyone going in or out, i am like this till 12 am “ 

“Did she use to know anyone else in this building beside you?” I asked

“No, only me…”

“Where is the market that she used to go to?” asked Neil

The old woman wrote down the address, we thanked her for the cooperation and we went on our way.

“What do you think till now? “ I asked him

“Why do you care about it? “

“Listen, we are a team so stop with being that rude, if you hate me, hate me as you wish, but this is work, do you understand” i was a bit furious.

“Yes, we are a team or whatever, don’t interfere with me, think whatever you think and let me do the same, let our conclusions be at the station, not here..”

“Heyyy !! what the hell is going on with you, why would I care about what you think or whatever, can’t you understand, we have to do this in order to finish the case, wha….”

“Take the address and go on your way, I will search by my means, I don’t have a wish to continue through such a conversation…”

He looked at me angrily and moved on his way, I was left speechless, what the hell was going on with him? He is the dog-tempered one..

I decided not to give up, I went through the market, I showed the sellers her picture, but no one seemed to recognize her, it seemed like she was really quiet, but who would do that to such a quiet person?

I looked at the sky and sighed, I wondered if the others have reached anything..

I decided to go have a look at her house again, even if it has been searched 100 times, I wanted to have a look all by myself.


[End]


The other chapters:

chapter one ==>

chapter two ==>

chapter three ==>  

chapter four ==>

chapter five ==>



© 2017 Lilly_Joyous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on June 30, 2017
Last Updated on June 30, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Crime, Murder, Criminal, Murderer, Family


Author

Lilly_Joyous
Lilly_Joyous

Cairo, Africa, Egypt



About
I have a passion towards writing more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous