The truth seeker

The truth seeker

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous

a[Chapter Eight]

As I entered the station, I asked Yuri for the pictures that was taken at the scene once the body was found, she gave me the photos and chatted a bit with me about whether I was okay and such, I assured her that I’m okay and it was nothing.

“Attention everyone, Do exactly as you were assigned yesterday, Do it like your life depends on it, this case must be closed by today” Mr. John said.

Yuri and Norton Wolf went on their way, I went with the rude guy, but separated our ways as soon as we got out of the police station.

I decided to go to search the deceased’s home again and compare it with the pictures that I have.

I arrived there, as expected the old woman’s door was opened and she was sitting, I greeted her and made my way.

I compared the deceased’s current room with the pictures, nothing managed to caught my attention, I searched for the automatic air freshener, it was hanged 50 cm above her desk, and there my intuition was right, there was a pile of books on the desk, I compared them with the pictures I have, there was a missing pink book or diary to be specific, it was the one I saw at the old woman’s house.

Now, all I need to do is two things, to steal back the pink diary and get his fingerprints and the other thing is checking Ian’s whereabouts on that day, if he hasn’t really got out at all, I can issue a search warrant and arrest him for being the suspect.

I got excited with what I have reached, so I went to the old woman’s house, I kept chatting a bit with her, I asked if Mr. Ian was there, she said that he went to his work then I asked her for some coffee if she didn’t mind, she happily accepted it.

My chance finally came, I immediately went to Ian’s room, I wore gloves and took the pink diary, I put it inside a plastic bag then inside my bag, I hurried back to where I was sitting before, she came exactly 20 seconds later, thanks god I was early, I had coffee with her then I went to the rooftop for a bit, I opened the diary, nothing was really there till now, but why did he steal it, there must be a thing for sure, I read and read all over again, and I finally found it.

“I could have been living with my pretty daughter now, Emily, are you happy above? Your mother couldn’t protect you, your cruel father killed you..

He killed me too, I’m dead alive, for ten years, I have been dead alive, I am getting revenge for you my Emily”

What could that mean? Is Ian the father? Yes he is, if he was not, why would he steal the diary?

I continued reading but from the earlier years, I started with ten years ago

“I finally moved to live in front of him, that criminal’s biggest torture is knowing that I live next door”

“His mother is really good woman, how is that thug her son”

The other writings weren’t really special, it was all insults to Ian..

I took some pictures of the things I found important in case something happened.

So Ian killed her and stole her diary in order not to have any suspicions around him, but why didn’t he steal it when he killed her right away, maybe because we kept coming and searching a lot, he started to get worried that she wrote something about him, maybe he searched a lot too till he finally found it.

Now all I have to do is call Yuri to check Ian whereabouts on that day.

I dialed Yuri

“Yuri, Can I ask you to do something please? “

“Sure, go ahead”

“Ian, the old woman’s son, could you please find what was he doing on the day of the murder? “

“Sure, just give me about 30 minutes”

 I went down again and at the deceased house I kept wandering here and there.

Finally Yuri is calling..

“Yuri..”

“Ian was at work at the day, he came back at 9 pm, while the deceased was killed around 5pm”

“Ohh, I see..”

How? How in the world? How could I get that guy, I need to solve that case, no matter what.

The old woman came by where am I

“umm, you can’t come here..”

“Sorry dear, I just wanted to see if you wanted to have some food or anything”

“No, thank you so much..”

“Here have some water”

“Oh, thank you so much”

I drank the water, but somehow something didn’t feel right, I started to feel dizzy which is unlike me, the old woman was still standing in front of me…

I pressed “1” on the phone that was in my hand, before I fell on the ground, all I could see is someone blurry, suddenly deep pain, what is happening, am I that sick? am I dying?


[End]


Make sure to check the other chapters :D

 



© 2017 Lilly_Joyous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on July 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Crime, Murder, Criminal, Murderer, Family


Author

Lilly_Joyous
Lilly_Joyous

Cairo, Africa, Egypt



About
I have a passion towards writing more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous