A Haunting

A Haunting

A Story by Eve

I was sure that this was the house they had been talking about. As I paced around to the side yard, I could almost feel the house breathing. I knew it could sense me. The sound of branches scratching against a brick wall rang out as my hair blew around my face. I could feel the temperature dropping. As I continued to walk, I stumbled over crumbled bricks and fallen branches. I was startled by the distant hoot of an owl as I came back into the front yard. 
Suddenly, I let out a shrill cry as a winged creature, probably a bird or a bat, flew out of a hole in a window. It was as if  a rock had been thrown at the window by some little boys a while back. It was a shame. Surrounding the hole was the remains of the colored glass that once made up the window. As I crept closer to the window, I began to notice the small bits of colored glass at my feet. I reached down and picked up a piece of the fractured masterpiece. A stronger wind than before began to shake the trees, causing them to rattle against the siding. A chill slid down my spine, and a strong feeling that I was no longer alone crept over me. I could tell in that moment that the house knew I was there. I placed the fragment of the window on the window sill, as if that would please the house. Then, I got the hell out of there. 

© 2015 Eve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It seems like a figment of a story, but quite a good one. Nice writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on September 24, 2015

Author

Eve
Eve

OH



About
I'm 17 years old and I'm just trying to escape the world through writing. more..

Writing
The Spark The Spark

A Chapter by Eve


New Year's Eve New Year's Eve

A Chapter by Eve


Business Deal Business Deal

A Chapter by Eve